1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

First season was very good, second season not so much. I'll give third season a shot (because Jennifer Aniston) but not optimistic.

garrow and qtlaw like this.
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Both were great. Scott came across as less of a douche in the documentary than he did in the podcast.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

1883 just keeps getting better. So sad there is only one (free) espside left.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I was excited to see Asteroid City on Paramount+ and forgot how drool Anderson characters are and his slow pacing. Can’t handle it.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Anderson is not quite an acquired taste so much as you have to be in the mood for him. I liken his work to 60s and 70s Japanese kitchen dramas. They could be glacial and yet they capture something that takes patience to take in. Sometimes I can watch them, sometimes I have to pass for low-investment Western silliness.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Catching up on The Godfather of Harlem (MGM Plus) - Any show that features Adam Clayton Powell, Malcom X, Frank Costello and Bumpy Johnson is worth your time - when the cast includes Giancarlo Esposito, Paul Sorvino, Forrest Whitaker and Vincent D'onofrio? Yes sir. The only thing that would have made it better is if Luke Cage made an appearance.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Meryl Streep in the first episode of Only Murders in the Building. Amazing.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

My wife read something panning her performance. We were both baffled because we thought she was great.

OscarMadison, qtlaw and TigerVols like this.
  10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Just finished it this morning. It got a little dusty at the end.

Sam Elliot spent his teenage years in Portland, and still lives part of the time about 20 miles from Microville. He and Ms. Ross brought their family dog into a vet clinic in town where a friend works several years ago and she said they were the nicest people. His final scene was shot at Cannon Beach.

11. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Watched Slow Horses season 1 on Apple. Good viewing, maybe not great but Kristen Scott Thomas and Gary Oldman were full value.

garrow likes this.
  12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

My favorite part about 1883 were Paramount Plus executives asking Sheridan about a "second season" and Sheridan saying...."were you watching?" So he decided to make 1923, AND got Paramount to greenlight an prequel and some side story. Bass Reeves.

Draft saved Draft deleted