1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Finished season 3. Preposterous doesn’t even begin to describe the last couple of episodes.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"What We Do In the Shadows" is such a fun, silly show. Wish more sitcoms had its kooky spirit.

OscarMadison, Wenders and sgreenwell like this.
  3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

We've been absolutely hooked on Mrs. Brown's Boys from BBC. And if you can find full episodes on YouTube or BritBox, you'll laugh your ass off.

4. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I watched 5 and 6 of Bosch Legacy. I barely know what’s going on and having his hipster hacker take up more of the plot isn’t helping my engagement level.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's interesting to see two shows that find an entertaining way to delve into issues with mental health the way Ted Lasso and Shrinking do it. Both are truly fantastic for those reasons and more.

Wenders likes this.
  6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Yeah, still don't know who the two hoods are.
    The highlight is the appearance of Jessica Camacho. Really liked her in "All Rise" and ran into her in a "just killing time" Hallmark Christmas movie last year. She's a beauty.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Billions ends. Happy endings for everyone save one person. Guess who. Way too sweet a sendoff for most, but it satisfies the fans, I suppose.

And sets everything up for all the spinoffs because nothing ever ends.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

So I was diving on Youtube and I ran up on a video of Stephen King and John Grisham doing a talk together at a literacy benefit. It was very good. King was in a bit of the interviewer mode but mostly it's just them asking each other questions and telling stories. It was really good, enjoyed it. Turned the wife onto it.

Then as it is wont to do, the algorithm thought I might like some more, so it offered me Stephen King with George R.R. Martin. And Lee Child, who writes the Reacher books. Partway through that one now and enjoying it. If you want.

justgladtobehere likes this.
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I watched of the four available episodes (out of eight total scheduled).

I like it a lot, but the pacing is weird; they spend a long time setting up some of the subplots, then they jump forward several years in one cut. In addition, several things that appear to be central storylines, they just kind of leave hanging. (Of course there are four more episodes to tie up those loose ends.)

The big event you reference in Ep, 3 was jarring as you noted. It'll be a good show to come back to an episode or two at a time between For All Mankind and Masters of the Air.

10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

As someone who wasnt thrilled a character like Saul Goodnan “got what he deserved” in the end I’m also gonna be pissed if some of these awful people on Billions don’t get what they deserve.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Even Chuck Rhodes was happy! But you won’t be.

12. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Yeah Chuck paying no price for his extra legal foolishness of 5-6 seasons was a choice.

Never really bought Prince as the big bad heel. Oh well. It was well executed with a lot of nice moments between characters (some better than others. The Jr line was very poignant).

Could’ve been a lot worse I give it a solid B~

Draft saved Draft deleted