1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

For most of the shows listed, though, they played outside of a network schedule or were on independent stations. But it probably is cheaper to pay for reruns rather than first run shows. Another thing is independent studios are a thing of the past and nobody is making scripted, first-run shows.

There were some Canadian shows that would play late on weekends. One was about a medical examiner in Vancouver with a too clever last name, which was the name of the show.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

DaVinci’s Inquest, fantastic show. Captured the sleazy side of Vancouver very well.

3. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

With the kid home from college for Thanksgiving, we've run through the last half of S3 of "Only Murders..." for her to see and finish.

While, on rewatch, I'll admit the mystery was fairly thin and easy, the direction, writing and performances - especially from "Sitzprobe" on through the finale - is REALLY good and worth the time. (Besides, it's still a fun story.)

Bring on Season 4.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Fargo is back. Like usual, the first episode was odd but interesting.
    Juno Temple and Jennifer Jason Leigh among the cast.

daytonadan1983 likes this.
  5. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

The actress who plays Nadja is a presenter on The Big Flower Fight. She's very charming!

I love WWDitS, but haven't seen much of the latest season. It seems like I catch it, Disenchantment, Krapopolis, and Futurama for an episode or two and then feel like, "Meh, I'm good for now."

I was surprised to see The Crown back for another season. The cast is great, but it is starting to feel, um, exploitative? They handled the crash episode very well, but it was so emotionally messy. Quite a few people involved are still alive and the question of whose story this is to tell nags.

sgreenwell likes this.
  6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Enjoyed the first two. Everyone is slightly over the top, not annoyingly so. I even like Juno despite finding her super annoying in Ted Lasso.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Has Ed Hinton shown up yet?

8. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

I think I will like this season as much as I liked the first two seasons. However, as a Minnesotan I have to complain about the accents. The actors who are trying to do the over the top movie Fargo accent both get it wrong and don’t even consistently stay in their sucky accents. It is annoying and distracting. Do it right or don’t do it at all.

9. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

Caught the second episode. Jon Hamm doing Don Draper as a small town sheriff.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Don't know how many times I thought Martin Freeman needed to just shut up and look pretty. Colin Hanks seemed to get the dialect down at times when he was less OTT.

Did you have similar impressions of the movie?

Jon Hamm in Fargo: See, Freeman, Martin

Jon Hamm in Good Omens: Jon who? #TweenOscarWouldHaveLovedKPop

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

"Canceled" is probably not the right word to use in that write-up there, but gotta get those juicy clicks. Probably better if they added in a qualifier like "this week's shows."

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted