1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

If you liked "Raising Hope," you'll like this. Martha Plimpton and Garret Dillahunt are front and center, and it's an engaging plot. We just started earlier this week, and we're binging on it. It's a limited series, nine episodes.

garrow and justgladtobehere like this.
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I have started a Grey's Anatomy marathon thanks to TikTok clips. Very addictive. Can’t believe it’s still on.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I really liked Raising Hope. Dillahunt is an extremely underrated actor...can easily play comedic goofball roles and psychos. Plus...he had a story arc on Burn Notice!

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Dillahunt was great in Deadwood and 12 Years A Slave. He's in Sprung, another Greg Garcia creation, this time on Freevee.

Greg Garcia is one of my favorite show runners. Raising Hope supposedly takes place in the same universe as My Name Is Earl and the crossover moments are pretty funny. There are references to Yes, Dear as well.

garrow likes this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Had a mad crush on Jean Louisa Kelly....who later guest starred on Burn Notice!

6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I still remember a review of My Name is Earl that started with something like "It's hard to believe that My Name is Earl is from the same writer who made Yes Dear." Ouch.

7. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

She showed up last year as Admiral Iceman's wife on "Top Gun: Maverick."

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

My wife watched rhe Incredible Attorney Woo and now gets a bunch of K-Drama shows in her feed.

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

If you want to watch something that is ridiculous but stupid fun, check out Obliterated on Netflix. It's an eight-episode series that is a combination of 80s action and teen movies about an elite government team trying to stop a bomb from being detonated in Las Vegas.
    It's NC 17 with male and female nudity, sex and language and probably at least an hour too long, but I enjoyed it. Just watch it as a 17-year-old and not a film critic.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Already ready for season III of "The Gilded Age." Love Baranski, as a loyal daughter of the 716; Cynthia Nixon has been outstanding and Streep's daughter is good as well.

Quite the plot twist in the Season II finale. Looks as if there's a new sheriff in the house!

CD Boogie and Neutral Corner like this.
  11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I know it’s not in the zeitgeist, but season 2 of Julia has been some show.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Had no idea that actress was Streep’s daughter. Wow.

And the show is worth watching just to enjoy Christine Baranski’s delivery of fantastic biting dialogue.

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted