1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Started this last night, cannot believe what got through onto the screen. "Penelope Taint"??

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We binged Death and Other Details the past few days. It had pretty good potential but wasn’t well acted enough and the plot completely fell off the rails. 10 hours I won’t get back.

sgreenwell likes this.
  3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It got a press release announcing its cancellation the other day, to which I noted in The Watch podcast group, "It seemed like something they would just pretend never happened and never acknowledge again." The first two or three episodes were fine, but yeah, it just got weird after that. And, mostly bad, not so interesting weird. Plot twists on plot twists that led to annoyance.

Webster likes this.
  4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Lt.Drebin and tea and ease like this.
  6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Through Ep. 5, this keeps getting even better.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It gets worse..

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I took my jabs at Curb early in the season like we all did, but the last four episodes have been really good. Part of that may be because every time I see Richard Lewis on screen I know he is no longer with us.

jr/shotglass and MTM like this.
  9. John

John Well-Known Member

Knowing nothing about it when I started the first episode, I was engaged really quickly and have enjoyed all five or six episodes I've seen. My only complaint is that some of the CGI stuff looks poorly (maybe cheaply) done.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I’m pacing myself. Otherwise I’m going to veg all day watching it. I’m so happy I started this. Thanks for the recommendation.

qtlaw likes this.
  11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Seinfeld had a perfect finale with Susan’s death and the gang moving on like nothing happened. I worry that Larry is going to relitigate the actual finale this Sunday.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Then it placed the finale out of sequence. Because the finale was about them going to court and eventually jail for watching a crime and not doing anything.

Draft saved Draft deleted