1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I know it was a "big deal" - but considering it was a different coast, different studio, did he really "return? He did do his Late Night show in the studio next door though.

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I would think that by 2024 the main networks would realize how stupid it is to try and put specials and new episodes on after live sporting events that never fit in the assigned slot time.

The latest victim: Billy Joel

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

This guy wins the Internets today.

Webster likes this.
  4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Was the guy introducing Loggins that fucking no-talent, one note jackoff who was in the dying years of the Andy Griffith show, with his idiotic "Huh? Yeah. Huh? Yeah." bit?

5. poindexter

I looked the guy up, his name was Jack Burns.
    His character, Warren, replaced Barney Fife on the Andy Griffith show. Easily one of the worst replacements in American television history. Up there with the Brady Bunch's Oliver.

6. jr/shotglass

You mean you never heard of Burns & Schreiber? He also was an early partner of George Carlin.

[​IMG]

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Having played Fallout 3, New Vegas and Fallout 4, I was pretty excited about the show.

Watched the first episode last night. Light and fun isn't the way I would describe it, lol. I'm intrigued to come back for more, however.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. poindexter

Yeah, vaguely familiar.
    Remember a year ago when JJ Redick discussed 50s and 60s NBA players and made a reference to many being plumbers and firemen?

If "Huh? Yeah" was leading edge comedy in the 60s, then 1960s comedians were mainly plumbers and firemen in real life.

RIP and all, but Jack Burns fucking sucked.

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Eh, times and tastes change. There was a time that "You can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay, or you can call me RJ ... but you doesn’t has to call me Johnson" was comedy.

RIP Raymond J. Johnson Jr.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2024
  10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

We're through six of the eight episodes. It's good! My wife has been hanging with it, after not really being at all interested in the games. I think they nailed two of the three leads.

11. jr/shotglass

Oh, one other thing.

"some cop show called Tracker"?

Not a cop show, and one of the better new shows of the year.

ChrisLong likes this.
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Heidi lives!

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted