1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Lt.Drebin

Lt.Drebin Active Member

Anyone watching Sweet Tooth on Netflix? Yet another show about a pandemic situation, yet with a rather unique twist. The first episode was pretty interesting…

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I thought we had a 30 for 30 thread but I couldn’t find it. I really enjoyed I’m Just Here for the Riot.

It is about the 2011 riot in Vancouver after the Canucks lost in the Stanley Cup Final. It has good stuff about mob mentality and better stuff about how they used social media to shame and arrest many rioters.

There are current interviews with rioters and how their participation affected their lives.

garrow and sgreenwell like this.
  3. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I've been watching Dog House on Max. Good people adopting dogs. That's all it is. Works for me.

I Should Coco likes this.
  4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Excited to get back into that. Also "Mayor of Kingstown" on Paramount+, I'll watch anything with Jeremy Renner.

garrow and OscarMadison like this.
  5. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Just binged the 2010 AMC show Rubicon. Great conspiracy thriller/workplace drama. Starting a petition to see if we can still get a second season of this thing.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Oh its done and gone. If you like that, I'd suggest Condor -two seasons and a rumored third. Google where you can stream it. I think Prime has it. And yes, its based on Three Days of the Condor.

Small Town Guy likes this.
  7. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the rec, sounds up my alley and I hadn’t heard of it as a series.

8. DanOregon

I really enjoyed all four seasons of Prime's Jack Ryan - Wendell Pierce and Michael Kelly particularly. The plots, the locations, production etc. Really did a good job of bringing Clancy's "vibe" to life in ways the cinematic adaptations didn't. That said, and as much as I have gratitude for Krasinski bringing it together - he was the weak link as the lead.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Highly recommend Bodkin on Netflix. It takes a little time getting started but once you invest in the lead trio (including Will Forte) and you get to know the Irish community they are investigating, it's a joy to watch. Plus, there are several interesting discussions about modern-day journalism that you don't find in shows like this.

11. DanOregon

The last few years have been really tough following shows - particularly those on streaming or cable. Between Covid and the strike last year, shows will go 2 or 3 years between "seasons." Some shows are "rebooted" in less time.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We finally finished this season Abbott Elementary last night. I was underwhelmed — the Janine at the District storyline felt like either Jim goes to Stamford and/or a soft pilot. And while I love the quirks of the cast (especially Jacob), the will they or won’t they at the heart of the series has always left me cold.

OscarMadison and sgreenwell like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted