1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Good to see Shogun get a lot of nominations. Will be a real battle for best comedy actress between Quinta Brunson, Jean Smart and Ayo Edebiri.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. Webster

And Olivia Colman v Jamie Lee Curtis for best guest actress in a comedy for Forks v Fishes is an epic battle.

Edit to add that the category also has Oscar winner Da’Vine Joy Randolph for Only Murders (not my favorite performance) and Kaitlin Olson for Hacks (who was amazing). Crazy.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2024
    OscarMadison, garrow and sgreenwell like this.
  3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

The meshing of timelines in montages were really hard to watch. I would assume the smoking was from before he quit, but it's so hard to keep track.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Right, good point.
    I am unnecessarily irritated by season 3, I guess because I liked season 2 so much.

Speaking of smoking: This is a restaurant trying for a michelin star. And they have not one but two staff members smoking in a restaurant while buffing floors. It defies credulity to think that a restaurant run that poorly (not even talking about the "worst boss in the world" head chef) can be excellent when it can't do the basics.

5. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Anyone winning would be fine by me. Nice when that happens.

6. Webster

To me, the size of The Bear is ridiculously small. They can’t make money on a place that tiny.

7. poindexter

Aligns with the serving sizes...
    [​IMG]

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

They're supposed to be doing a tasting menu in The Bear aren't they? I could be wrong. But if I'm correct the portion shown above would be accurate.

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

From the comments here, people are finding it difficult to figure out what's going on. That is exactly my problem. I have no idea what's going on. The point upthread about back and forth, current and flashback, scenarios is what irritates me, too. I have no idea what's going on. Did I say that before?

10. poindexter

Fair enough. For setting me straight, here's a set of Carmy tweezers for your food preparation.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Presumed Innocent continues to piss me off in good ways. I had an “I knew it” moment. Can’t wait for the finale.

Webster and garrow like this.
  12. Webster

I need to rewatch episode 7 before the finale

Spartan Squad likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted