1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Watched the first five episodes of Cobra Kai’s last season.

Once the nostalgia well dried up, like two seasons ago, one realizes it’s just not a great show.

It’s fine and the episodes go quickly, but to me, it’s a classic example of a show believing its own hype and starting to take itself WAY too seriously.

Never mind that the next five episodes don’t get released until November and the season won’t end until mid-2025.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We are binging Loot and it is hilarious to see Nico from Presumed Innocent as the British boyfriend of one of the characters.

garrow likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

That's a cool show from Parks and Rec alums. Always liked Nat Faxon and didn't realize the young blonde woman employee is a big Broadway star.

Lt.Drebin likes this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

For some reason, Nat Faxon has always made my skin crawl.

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

He's got a kind of odd look! He's been tried as a TV lead plenty of times, and it never quite works. But he's usually really good in a guest or supporting role.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

There are very few actors who have that effect on me. I mean, I'm Team Buscemi.

OscarMadison and sgreenwell like this.
  9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

No spoilers (including with respect to the book/movie) but I got the Presumed Innocent finale 100% correct.

ChrisLong likes this.
  10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Disagreed with closing statement decision but it was very well done. I don’t try to predict endings but it wasn’t bad.

ChrisLong likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Didn't realize this, but Robin Roberts is on the cusp of passing Matt Lauer as the longest serving host of a network morning show - 20 years! Of course the Fox Friends duo of Kilmeade and Doocy are entering year 26.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

i thought the opposite. Its way goofy and implausible and never takes itself seriously enough with all the different team swaps and returning baddies

That said releasing 5 epps at a time is criminally stupid. Wish I waited until November and watched em all at once

Draft saved Draft deleted