1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Agree and I’ll add

I think the show didn’t do a good job really establishing a time of events. I’m guessing Rusty is able to escape without being noticed to have his original fling, so him and his wife not being around isn’t unusual. He probably returns and showers and is by himself. He doesn’t see his wife around and seers a chance to escape. Finds Carolin and suspects his wife.

My other problem is why didn’t Raymond have another county investigate? Why is Rusty or Tommy lead prosecutor and not one country over? Happens all the time. If you’re too close to the investigation—especially when Rusty becomes a suspect—the case should have been referred for a new office. Rusty is probably still a suspect, but I bet the kids (especially the son) get a hard look.

Speaking of the son, why doesn’t Rusty think it was him? He rode his bike there.

And the teenage daughter does that good of a job cleaning? Teenagers are sloppy. Not a chance she misses something.

Webster likes this.
  2. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I've started that show once or twice, maybe it's time to give it another shot.

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I’m watching it.

I just have to get over that Renner has all this sway as an ex con.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

If you have Prime (or if you're @Batman), go watch episode 1 of "Batman: Caped Crusader" right now. It feels like a prequel to the 90's "Batman: The Animated Series," and comes from the same team.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

I watched a couple of episodes last night. Very good.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Mayor of Kingstown. Ho-Ly fuck.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Took me forever to finish Season 3 of the Bear, just haven't been home a lot to watch TV this summer. I echo some of the thoughts of others. I don't think it was bad, per se, but it sure did spin its wheels. Felt a lot like season 6-1 of the Sopranos to me, they knew they had a lot of episodes to fill so they fleshed out some storylines in unnecessary ways. I don't think I needed a full episode on Sugar giving birth, other than it being a reason to bring Jamie Lee Curtis back for an Emmy showcase. I still love the way this show is shot and the way they incorporate the music seamlessly into scenes, but the story really didn't move much.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I agree that it spun its wheels too much, but oddly, I found the stuff like Sugar giving birth or the Tina flashback episode to be the few things that really worked. At least it gave insight or depth to side characters. The inertia and Hamlet act with Carmy and Sydney was way more frustrating to me.

Cosmo likes this.
  9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Man, that was intense. I don't think Season 4 is confirmed yet but ... please, Paramount+!

Spartan Squad likes this.
  10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

My wife, daughter, and I watch it together, but I'm not even sure we will finish the season. We are completely frustrated with it.

Lt.Drebin likes this.
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted