1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

One thing that occurred to me from Mayor of Kingstown, which I'm still thinking about one week after the season finale ... Renner's character having a professional and personal relationship with Evelyn the DA is an excellent side plot -- not unlike Frank Furillo and Joyce Davenport from Hill Street Blues (one of my all-time fave shows). Granted, Furillo was the police capt and not the ex-con fix-it-guy, but still.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We finally finished Loot season 2 last night. Funny in parts, but just a mess of a show. They have The Office/ Parks and Rec A, B and C plotline device every week with the wacky side characters filling up time, but it is just an underdeveloped experience.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Pretty sure myself, Chris Ryan and Andy Greenwald are the only ones who care, but Industry is back for Season 3 on HBO and I dug the opener. Interesting to see the juxtaposition between Yasmin and Harper as we start the new year...

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

"And on the other line, it's andy greeeeeenwaaaaaalllllddddddd!" Love the Watch, but don't have HBO. Still like listening to them talk about various shows on that network, haha.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I just started on S01E01 last night and was drawn in. I think there's some binging ahead.

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Finally watched Palm Royale. The show was beautiful but I agree that the first storyline dragged on too long. My god I was so sick of hearing about the Beach Ball before we even got there.

But I see on IMDb that it has been renewed for a second season. The very end of the season had me going, "....wait, what? That's it?"

Lt.Drebin likes this.
  7. Lt.Drebin

Lt.Drebin Active Member

I found Ron Funches’s character completely annoying…

Webster likes this.
  8. Webster

The whole workplace setup makes zero sense. I do like the dorky love interest and the super Chrisitan female employee though.

Any while this is actually pretty good Maya Rudolph, she is basically playing a suburban mom (without kids) who has $87 billion. I’m not sure the appetite for Apple on this point, but they could have really leaned into the income inequality issues instead of moving back and forth between her excesses.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

We started watching Apple TV's "Bad Monkey" the other night. If you enjoy Vince Vaughn being Vince Vaughn, Key West and/or Carl Hiaasen, then I think you'll find it worthwhile.

However, the entire series hasn't dropped yet. Only two episodes out of 10 are available right now. For a show that's very much like a Hiaasen novel - a perfect beach read - then it makes no sense to drag the series into October by releasing one episode per week like the cable days.

OscarMadison, garrow and qtlaw like this.
  11. John

John Well-Known Member

I just watched the first two seasons of Kleo on Netflix. It's a German spy thriller that's got a healthy dash of comedy in it. It has been mostly good to really good. Don't know if they are doing another season.

12. Webster

It’s on the list to watch.

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted