1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Watched Fox' new animated series Universal Basic Guys. It was so bad, I was ready to stop watching at the first commercial but decided to give it a full episode. That was a mistake.

I didn't find it funny at all. It's a poor man's Family Guy. And recent Family Guy, not prime Family Guy.

garrow and jr/shotglass like this.
  2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Slow Horses, Season 4 has begun. Still oh so good.

TigerVols and garrow like this.
  3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

This new Wheel of Fortune design is an abomination. The set looks like something that might look cool 20 years ago with its Internet/digital look, but good lord it looks like some cheap gameshow you watch on Buzzer.

Lt.Drebin likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The lead actor from the English Teacher has a series of videos on Youtube where he plays an Australian bodybuilder....and they are absolutely hilarious. Check 'em out, mate.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Really fucking moist episode of Industry this week.

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

That looked really god damn bad. The TV schedule is really starting to show the strain of the writer's strike, between how late some of the prestige pick-ups have been - Peacemaker S2 was announced today, so it'll come 3+ years after S1 - and some shows making it to air simply because they were in production already with no replacement.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I caught a bit of it waiting for a new ep of Bob's Burgers. It was substantially bad. "Can You Out-Gross THIS?"

8. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Yikes. No thanks!

Am three episodes in Kaos on Netflix. Only Jeff Goldblum could pull off this twitchy, cold version of Zeus. He's surrounded by a great cast. Their choice for "Riddy" (Eurydice) looks like she stepped off an attic vase. She's pretty. Everything about this series is pretty. Dionysus seems to be more suited for a Neil Gaiman story, which might be why he is so needed to keep this thing rolling along. I Thoroughly enjoy him.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I went into this thinking it was going to be campy and ridiculous. I mean Goldbloom is playing Zeus. But it’s not and I think it’s better for it. I’m on the last episode and I’m really eager to see how this plays out. I have a theory how it could end, but I’m not sure if they’re going to do it the way I think. I’m just am enjoying this ride.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2024 at 8:54 AM
    garrow and OscarMadison like this.
  10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We have been waiting to start it because I don’t want to be distracted by politics, football, etc.

11. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

The latest episode of Only Murders went there with the camp that was mentioned upthread (by Webster? outofplace?) Even though the callback to the theme of Perfect Strangers was cute, clotheslining their own joke seemed like they were trying to play safe. Galifianakis was all in and then he wasn't? It felt too mean and made me want to spray a can of Raid all over the Hollywood contingent. But keep the Westies, bless their weird little hearts.

What would Del Close say?

Kaos eps 3ish to 5ish is getting dreary. As much as I love Greek mythology I'm tempted to bail.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Stick it out. It doesn’t get less sad, but it finishes strong.

My theory was wrong (at least for now). It surprisingly really lifts up the women at the end. I say that because the women really go through it for most of the season. I’m looking forward to another season.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted