1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We have shows which Mrs. W and I watch and others which we watch with our 16 year old. It’s not even that many shows, but between her work (she is a recruiter so does a lot of calls after hours), my work, my son’s school stuff and watching sports, it feels like a second job to keep up.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. Lt.Drebin

Lt.Drebin Active Member

You don’t feel like Christa Miller has went WAY over the top with the plastic surgery? Unrecognizable from her Drew Carey Show days. She didn’t need it, either.

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Our baby is now 3 months old, but I've basically watched nothing new except After Midnight, SNL and Seth Meyers. Our DVR is filling up with shows we usually watch together, but we pretty much have zero time to watch it.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You know, you're probably right. But I've always liked her. She's sassy!

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We watched the finale last night. Man, did that feel rushed. I figured that the romance storyline would end the way that it did, but the Dragon Queen and Nick/Eva resolved way too quickly.

I’d still watch a season 2.

garrow likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The new Netflix documentary series "This is the Zodiac Speaking" focuses on a family that was closely involved with one of the main suspects, Arthur Leigh Allen. And if what the family says is true, there can be little doubt about his identity as the killer.

Allen is of course the main suspect in Robert Graysmith's book (and in the fantastic movie adaptation). Graysmith is featured prominently in the series.

When it comes to true crime, I am only interested if it is unsolved and this case is one of the holy grails of the American genre.

7. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Watched the first episode of the new Matlock. Cathy (Kathy?) Bates, I love you but what the hell was that? Fifteen minutes in, the "Ah'm jus' a lil' ole lady lawyer" schtick wore thin. The subtle wink and non that this wasn't her was enough to make me wonder if this was Bates or her character droppin the dime. Turned out it was her character, but I was frustrated because the writers don't trust their audience enough to be smarter about the layers of deception. The lack of depth where the lawyers zre concerned would make the Babyh Clarence Darrow cry.

Georgie and Mandy's First Marriage should be better than it is. Their working a on foundation of world building that was nearly a decade in the making and was itself built on a very established show. The writing is flabby and dumbed down. They ha e as good as telegraphed there will be a chang of setting (Dallas) which nudges it further away from its roots and might explain some of the hollowness. I have also been told that the original plan was for eorgie to end up with his wild teen turned fundie ex-girlfriend. When that fell through, they cobbled together a Plan B narrative.

An open note to The ids in the Hall: I finally sat down to binge the whole newish series. How do I put this without sounding as grouchy as I probably am? I don't need to see your penises (penii?). I don't want to see your penises. I just..Go put on some clothes! Jaysus.

May rewatch some of the following when I am not in online classes or working this week: The Mandalorian (and yes I will probably cry again when Luke Skywalker drops in to pick up The Child,) Schitt's Creek, Life on Mars (the UK version,) and The Orville.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Made you look, made you look ...

Draft saved Draft deleted