1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Wire, Season 5 -- Read Between the Lines

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

why, thank you.

2. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

I have been in an out of the wire since I first saw episode one. But I have to say that I really did enjoy episode 51 and I need to catch episode 52 OnDeman.

I could not stop launching regarding the opening scene with the copy machine. Do criminals really fall for that kind of shit???

Also it is actually really nice to see the news room scenes on ep 1. I have had that exact scene with the fire happen to me when I was in a news room and it pissed me of that nobody on the news side got up and left the office to go cover it. They ended up using AP copy instead of just looking out the windown and write a few words.

I fell in love with the show all over again by watching that episode.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I don't want to come across as the thread tzar here, but I'd like to propose we discuss the episodes individuallly on seperate threads (like we did with the Sopranos) so that we don't ruin it for some people who don't have OnDemand and can't watch the episode until Sunday.

If you'd like to discuss episode 51, "More With Less" how about we do it here.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/51364/

If you'd like to discuss episode 52, "Unconfirmed Reports," please do it here.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/51416/

4. Seabasket

Seabasket Active Member

I could be mistaken but I swear I remember Homicide using the copier trick on an episode as well. Or maybe it was on Simon's book the series was based on. Does anyone else remember?

5. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

God Dam how my threats do we have regarding this show??? Why can't we just do it the same way that we discuss Friday Night Lights??? One threat One Show.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Because some people can't watch the fucking show until a week after others, clown. Some people don't have OnDemand. And since running into spoilers can often ruin the experience of watching the show, we're going to keep it to one thread per episode, the way we've done it for the last three seasons on SportsJournalists.com -- when you were lord knows where.

I'll keep it to one "threat" per show for your sake though.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

It's thread. Not threat. And Damn. Not Dam.

Good freaking lord.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Huh?

Good freaking lord.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yeah. It's fixed. Pardon me for twice using the correct word. You refill that prescription yet?

10. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

As you can see, 'Nut, people here take The Wire pretty seriously. That's why there's three threads.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Sorry, asshat, if you are going to get all high and mighty like that, don't Scott Hoch the 18-inch putt.

The gall of you just not simply replying "damn, so much for that punchline" or somethink of that self-deprecating ilk is stultifying.

You can dish it, but can't take it.

Pretty sad bunch of people, those.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Take it? From you? No. You long ago lost any chance of latitude. If you can go three days without launching an unnecessary tirade at someone, I may change my mind. Luckily, I won't have to make that choice since you're incapable of being decent for that long.

This will be my last post directed toward you on this thread. I'll let you have the last word, if you want it.

Draft saved Draft deleted