1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Wire, Season 5 -- Read Between the Lines

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Jan 16, 2007.

1. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I thought season 3 was the best. The acting and the stories were great for all the seasons of the show but I liked 3 the best.

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I'm with you. Season 4 was heartbreaking with the kids, but I think 3 was the tightest and had the most good storylines.

3. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Yeah 4 was really good also. How talented an actor is Tristan Wilds (Michael)? His progression over season 4 and 5 was chilling. That kid has talent, it's a shame he is going to waste it on a update of 90210.

4. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

Just finished. The scene where Dukie shoots up might be the most depressing scene in the series.

I absolutely loved this show. I know it's unlikely, but I'd love to see a Wire movie.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Wasn't it Omar's death or a house fire?

That moment stood out in season five for me.

Overall, Prez in season four was outstanding. It hits a little closer to home for me, but trust me, that was a spot on documentation of schools in W's America.

6. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I yelled at my TV when Omar got shot. He was so fun to watch. I was also pissed when Snoop got killed, she was so chilling.

7. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Prez was great, and all of Season 4 was phenomenal -- hands down, my favorite season of the show. But I just can't resist asking: "W's America?" Did someone flip a switch in January 2001, and suddenly made inner-city schools started struggling?

8. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

No Child Left Behind

9. 93Devil

Bunny's program was shut down so those kids could try and pass a test.

NCLB

10. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Snoop was in jail last week for trying to avoid testifying in a murder case.

11. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Carmelo Anthony would be proud.

12. 93Devil

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/22/AR2008082202832.html

They didn't say anything about a nailgun.

God, I loved that scene. The moment that guy realized she was not a traditional tradesman is outstanding.

Draft saved Draft deleted