1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

THIS IS CNN: Don Lemon goes berserker on Kaitlan Collins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Feb 5, 2023.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In theory, all news is breaking news, that is, it's new information to the audience. Its working definition of "here's some stuff that's happening right now" must cost a great deal, if only because it requires reporters to be on scene. CNN has had reporters staking out federal courthouses in DC and Florida for some time to cover the Trump investigation. Good for them,but that's a meter running with no ROI on many days,

2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Looked him up. Well, on wiki.
    Dude's had an interesting ride. At one point was chosen to run for some political gig in Alberta.
    According to wiki: "Kent lost the March 3, 2008 election to incumbent Dave Taylor.[18]
    EDIT: not to be confused with the former L.A. Kings right wing and GM. :)

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

C'mon. I was referring to something huge that will benefit CNN, not Pence, not Trump, not any other person. I'm not one of your former students at BU or BC or wherever you professed.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I never professed anywhere. Hell, I barely graduated.

Fred siegle and Liut like this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Ch-ch-changes.

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

I am smiling

-Kaitlin Collins

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Abby is CNN's best talent. Solid back to back with Laura.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

RIP Cnn morning show.

My idea for a morning show. Have a crawl with constant news headlines, Top of the hour spend 15m doing a round-up, next 15m deeper reports/live hits/interviews. bottom of the hour - repeat. Shoot it from the newsroom. Save money.
    Of course, I'm sure some consultant has info saying viewers want a "connection" with their morning hosts - not buying it.

9. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

That is sort of what the old CNN Headline News tried to do. Problem is that not much happens every half hour so the program becomes repetitive and formulaic very quickly.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

CNN bosses are as unstable as Trump.

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I’m a sample of one, but I haven’t watched CNN in years. When I was in the biz, I used to have it on all the time.

Draft saved Draft deleted