1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This week's bizarre high school football score

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Beaver Dam HS in Arizona participates in Nevada because you can't actually get to where it is located (Littlefield) without going through Utah or Nevada. It's on the Arizona strip, which is essentially cut off from the rest of the state by Virgin River Gorge.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Week 1, and Mississippi is already in midseason form. The guy who gets up bloodied is the head coach of another team who was scouting the game. Before he gets his ass kicked, he was jawing back and forth with the guy who did it, decided it was go time, and then came charging down the bleachers toward him. I suspect he will not be the head coach for Week 2, if he is even the head coach for Week 1.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Was there any more on that 4OT pass in Georgia? I've seen it, and it still makes no sense - successful or not. It wasn't like the receiver was wide ass open (like you see on a tackle eligible). And it wasn't like there seemed that much of a point to throwing it backwards. I can tell you one thing, if he saw how "open" the receiver was, he never would have thrown it.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/s...team-wins-in-4ot-with-wild-no-look-pass-play/

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Looks legal. Couldn't tell his number.

5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Dad casually mentioned this summer that even in the early 1950s, almost all Detroit Public League games were played on Friday afternoons because of gang violence. Mumford was predominately Jewish then, so I always thought they were all good boys who went to synagogue and didn't get caught up in late-night rumbles.

Jake from State Farm likes this.
  7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I've heard of inner city schools scheduling varsity games at 8 a.m. on Saturday mornings because of gang violence.

That's the time when I played pee wee games.

8. MileHigh

Saw a good number of SoCal games canceled on Thursday and Friday because of the heat wave.

9. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

A varsity game scheduled for Friday night was moved to Thursday due to lack of officials. I've read about that happening, but that's the first game that's been rescheduled because of it. The home team, an annual powerhouse, won 41-6, for what that's worth.

10. MileHigh

We are covering 25 games tonight. Because of the shortage, we covered 15 games on Thursday. And that's with a handful of teams playing out of state this week.

11. mateen

mateen Well-Known Member

Happens frequently in Minnesota now due to the referee shortage. Last year my son's team played on two Thursdays and one Saturday in place of the regular Friday night game.

12. MileHigh

I'll add that of the 25 games we're covering tonight, four crews are working doubleheaders. One crew is doing a doubleheader at separate sites.

Draft saved Draft deleted