1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This week's bizarre high school football score

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Are you a high school junior who has some Division I potential? Do you want to beat your body to shit, threaten your remaining high school eligibility and potentially derail your entire career for literally hundreds of dollars? Do you have your own insurance? Have we got an opportunity for you!

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

It's a spring football league and most state governing bodies are too busy with unisex badminton to bother.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Any three-star-and-up that plays in this is a fool. The injury risk and the eligibility risk should make it a non-starter. This will fail spectacularly

Batman and HanSenSE like this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Still allowed to say shuttlecock or is there a safe word for it?

5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

This week is the state baseball tournament in Minnesota.

Today's semifinals were definitely affected by the face that Canadian wildfire smoke has caused one of the worst air quality readings in recorded history, but I'm not here to talk about that.

I'm here to talk about the fact that one of the tournament venues, in St. Cloud, is named Dick Putz Field.

6. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Well that's a strange twist:

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I figured it would be he was filming in the wrong spot and got run over and a kid got injured.

I don't know how big that school is for coverage, and who knows if the superintendent or whomever higher above changes that decision, but every Friday I'd lead with them and say, here's the score -- I wanted to bring you highlights but they won't let me.

Batman and HanSenSE like this.
  8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Eh. Based on their attendance at that game I’d just ignore their existence when they played at home. But I’d be at every one of their road games standing on their sideline.

If they have a rival I might do a puff piece on their program, though.

9. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Ignoring them would be better.

Hermes likes this.
  10. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I’m on spotty wifi in the press box at a high school band marching contest so can’t post the video, but in Dallas last night, at a Whitney-Dallas Madison game, a player ran into an official. The official responded by grabbing the player’s face mask and ripping off his helmet. The Twitter is blowing up about it. The player got ejected.

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

"Whitney-Dallas Madison" sounds like a great name for someone born in 2005. And, video available here:

https://www.kwtx.com/2023/09/30/uil...ident-involving-whitney-player-game-official/

Flip Wilson likes this.
  12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I posted it on the Bama thread. The umpire had the audacity to throw a flag. Some lucky head linesman is fixing to get a promotion.

Draft saved Draft deleted