1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time To Disband Auto Workers Union

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jun 15, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Why is that ironic?

Last time I checked, op-ed columnists didn't have to fall in line with a newspaper's editorial board.

And the line between "domestic" and "foreign" auto companies is practically non existent.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Friedman remains on his "World Is Flat" message . . .

Of course, we'll know more, in another six months . . .

3. That "six months" tag is gonna stick, isn't it?

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It hasn't been subtle.

He worked hard to earn it.

He gets to keep it.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Rather than respond to the numerous idiotic posts as well as the ad hominems and non-sequiturs (damn, schools NEED to teach a Logic 101 class and make it mandatory) I'll make some new points.

The U.S. health care system cannot continue to exist for long in its current format. There is simply too much money owed to hospitals, physicians, etc., and not enough being paid into the system.

The automakers should have seen this problem coming 15-20 years ago. Whether they did and were stymied by the union or whether they had their heads up their asses is irrelevant at this point.

There is only one solution: A national health care system administered by regional bureaus with mandatory enrollment. No more saying: "I can't afford insurance, so I'll wait until I get sick or hurt and either go bankrupt or have taxpayers pay my bills." If you are a citizen, you pay for health insurance.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

We should have listened to Hillary.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Maybe, but she's defintely not someone I'd want to go have a beer with.

Draft saved Draft deleted