1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today in Cultural Appropriation

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, May 2, 2018.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Nobody's reading any rolled up messages in a knish

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

We know a little, you did make a comment about how your dad was to you. How our parents were, what it was like living with them, always affects our personality.

3. lakefront

I recently saw "Murder on the Orient Express" and the woman who played Toby--she lost her toe and Kramer drove the bus like batman to get her to the hospital--was in it. She played the old lady, don't know the name. It was good, if it ever comes around, I recommend it.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

One of the best lines in the entire series. The veracity with which she said that was pitch perfect.

lakefront likes this.
  5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Don't forget the kishkas, bubela.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Well, it sounded super tough in my head.

lakefront likes this.
  8. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Here's my other random Seinfeldology "tie." My cousin's husband (who is named Frank Sinatra, no joke) is related to Jerry Levine, who played the store clerk in "The Big Salad" who was selling a mechanical pencil to Elaine on behalf of Mr. Pitt. The clerk tried to use the pencil – which was still on order – as leverage to ask Elaine out, but she gave him Jerry's phone number instead of her own. (Elaine was forever giving out fake numbers.)

More Jerry Levine trivia of broader general interest: 1) He played Stiles, the best friend of Michael J. Fox's character in the original Teen Wolf; 2) He is married to Nina Tassler, who for many years was the president of CBS Entertainment.

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

What are you looking at, Dicknose?

10. lakefront

lol, just realized that "slanted" (and the usual suspects) liked this post. Amazing.
    And still hoping you find your way back to the thread and respond to my post. You seemed to respond, unprompted, to my other posts the last week. So I will be waiting, still, to see if you are ok with someone using slanted--while referring to a thread concerning Asian people.

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

And just to piss off Buck some more, Mr. Pitt was a failed experiment that feel flat 90% of the time.

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted