1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Todd Marinovich, the Happy Ending

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by qtlaw, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

BTW, where's @cranberry been?

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Dude, that would definitely break outing rules. Then again, did he erase his handle? Does he still post? Are you allowed to out past posters? Would outing him in effect lead to outing myself?

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

if you can, PM it to me. like to read it because i follow hs sports mostly in NJ but also NY, and i think it would be hilarious to read and think of the
    way he used to write on here.

4. Dick Whitman

He was permanently banned. He seemingly came back as @Earthman briefly, but I assume that the mods banned him again after they caught on.

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Didn't know that. Wonder what the final straw was for the ban. Thought others did more to get a ban than Boom, but I definitely missed a lot here where I didn't read the site
    for a while. Didn't even really remember Earthman.

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Versatile is missed, too. He left on his own.

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Boom was a known creeper. I warned off a buddy’s gf from joining an apartment he lived in. To my knowledge, he still unmarried and never dated much if at all.

8. Dick Whitman

I honestly think I missed a shit ton of the stuff like that. Even in recent years, some thread will bubble up where it's 50 pages of people arguing with a semi-famous journalist, and I have no recollection of it.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Wasn't Boom supposedly a Wall Street guy in the banking/finance bidness?

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

This is how I remember it.

And nothing that @CD Boogie has posted matches up with the Boom I remember. I recall it being quite clear that he was not a writer (as evidenced by his spelling/grammar issues), much less someone who ever posted "links to his work."

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  11. Dick Whitman

I know it makes really earnest posters mad, but this kind of shit just makes me chuckle out loud:

It's written in this achingly sincere voice, and then at the end we have this premise built in about Michael Brown's "thinking" being analogous to a terrorist's.

I'm not sure what he was doing. Trolling liberals? Spoofing conservatives? Both? I just know it's funny.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

CD is mixing Boom up with Hockeybeat.

Draft saved Draft deleted