1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tony Dungy woudn't want to "deal with" Michael Sam

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

So then every coach in the NFL sucks because they didnt invent a scheme or develop a QB?

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Well many gay men do have a distinctive gate

3. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

You're speaking of black churches in one aspect. Black churches follow a doctrine similar to white churches on the same subject. It's really awkward to throw race into the gay mix knowing that.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The Ringo story is a popular one, but supposedly, Ringo did want to be traded because he lived in Philly in the offseason.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

So close to English, this.

6. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

Must have hit a nerve since you chose to attack the messenger. I think you know what it means, just that you don't want to admit it.

But in all fairness, I re-read it and you may have a slight point. So I'll say it again.

For every Dungy, there's 100 journalists out there who are willing to use this to fuel the propaganda machine that has told us that this nation overwhelmingly rejects Dungy's beliefs and everything else opposing LGBT as anything other than mainstream.
    There. That better?

7. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Aren't they saying this interview happened at the spring meetings? If that was the case, the Oprah issue was already resolved.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Either way it's been a while. Seems like someone wanted to gin up
    the base and toss Dungy under the bus to coincide with opening of
    training camps.

9. RecoveringJournalist

If the interview took place during the 48-hour span when the Oprah deal was going on, Dungy has a legitimate beef.

If it didn't, I don't understand the complaint.

Is there a link to where Dungy said the comments were taken out of context?

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

From his statement (again, if he is to be believed):

11. vicd

vicd Active Member

12. RecoveringJournalist

He might be technically telling the truth and just conveniently leaving out that it had already been put on hold. The Spring meetings were five days after that, so who knows?

Draft saved Draft deleted