1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tony Dungy woudn't want to "deal with" Michael Sam

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jul 21, 2014.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Actually, this one took longer than usual.

The typical equation is 125 fake/misplaced outrage posts for every one clueless first amendment post.

This time it took almost 200.

2. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

The left and the right have polar viewpoints on how this works.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Is this true Yankeefan, do you want to be lumped in with paynedearse mistaken view of the first amendment?

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No. That's not it. You just don't know what the hell you are talking about.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

How many extra media trucks will be at Rams camp for next two months?

That's what coaches hate. The fucking media circus. Over media-created drama.

6. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

The Rams should bring in Tebow to distract from the distraction. :D

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Hardly any.

8. RecoveringJournalist

While I think "circus" is probably not the right way to describe it, I would be surprised if there weren't quite a few additional media members there during the first week. Probably no more than there will be for the Browns because of Manziel.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

when Dungy coached the Colts they were an under the radar type team that generated little media attention and no hype, thus no distractions.

10. RecoveringJournalist

I'm assuming the sarcasm font is being used.

Dungy also would not let reporters have notebooks on them when watching practice.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

"There are no distractions in our building. There may be an extra camera out there, but that's not something that's life-changing. It's been fine. Mike's handled everything really well. His teammates have embraced him. He came back in great shape and we're going to give him every opportunity to make this football team." -- Jeff Fisher

12. RecoveringJournalist

What did you expect him to say?

"Yeah, well, when Roger called us at the end of the seventh round and begged us to take Sam, I told him this better be in exchange for not having to be on Hard Knocks or play a London game for at least a few years... I almost cut the guy as soon as I heard about this Oprah crap and I told him after the mini-camp that I better not see him on TV between then and the ESPYs. I'm sure the request for media credentials is up because everyone is so curious about Sam Bradford, Zac Stacy and Tavon Austin."

Draft saved Draft deleted