1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tony Dungy woudn't want to "deal with" Michael Sam

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jul 21, 2014.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

No, Oop is bang on here.

2. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

As told by the left, which thinks its centrist.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's a pretty fucking bipartisan understanding that the First Amendment doesn't protect you from being criticized for your opinion. Jesus.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Ok then, please explain to me how this is a first amendment issue.

5. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

Bullshit. There's "special groups" all over the map on one political end that are, perhaps not in written form, but implied, are protected. Maybe it's a little too subtle for you but it's there. My bet is you know it is and just choose to spin it.

6. Dick Whitman

In English, please?

7. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

I'm not going to go deeper on this and expose the hypocrisy that "politics" threads aren't supposed to exist. It depends on the side you're coming from. And that in itself is a good explanation why Dick and JC, you don't see the reality of the situation I presented.

8. Dick Whitman

Explain to me like I'm a second grader how Tony Dungy's First Amendment rights have been imposed upon.

9. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

The only reality of this situation is that the first amendment has nothing to do with what you're talking about.

10. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

Hey, Creosote keeps putting "God" in quotation marks -- basically mocking the entire concept.

Goose, gander, carry on.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

In my defense, I'm not mocking the entire concept. Just the part that says intolerance is a divine directive.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You really think he can raise his level to that of a second grader?

Draft saved Draft deleted