1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tony K sounding better

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by patchs, Aug 25, 2006.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I hope Peyton/Eli is giving you a cut of the revenue for a finder’s fee.

Dog8Cats likes this.
  2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Kornheiser is the only podcast I listen to. And I never thought I'd listen to one. But his show is so comfortable.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Necrophilia Time Machine™

Today's post was the first on this thread in 17+ years.

In August 2006 I was still covering sports at a hyper weekly up in the Upper Valley in the shadow of Dartmouth.

We still hadn't had Obama.

Trump was basically making goofy fast food pizza commercials (though The Apprentice was 2 years old).

Woody Long likes this.
  4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I’m not clear on why this thread was revived but maybe I have a relevant post blocked.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'll be posting 2006 thoughts on this thread.

I think Pitt finally found its coach for life in Wannstedt. With the way he's recruiting, this team should win the Big East in the next couple of years since Rich Rodriguez is heading to Alabama.

6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I still have no idea why NASCAR decided to require the website to use NEXTEL in all caps when it wasn't an acronym. Cellphones will never be more than a fad anyway.

Boy, I hope the Fusion doesn't look as bad as trying to make a four-door Taurus look like a racecar. Dodge's Charger looks cool but the Intrepid is better aerodynamically.

So long, Rusty Wallace. And hello, Denny Hamlin and Clint Bowyer. And what the hell was wrong with Tony Stewart at Daytona? Dude was a wrecking ball, particularly driving Matt Kenseth into the backstretch grass at 190 mph. He'd make a lousy parent.

7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[LARRY KING VOICE]
    If it's Friday, you know I've got a table down at the Golden Corral tonight. ... And stick around, folks: Tipper Gore joins me after the break.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

We just closed on our first house. Boy $140,000. Never thought I’d be in a house that expensive, especially being out of work for a month. At least the economy is in good shape, plus I’ve got that interview for a sales job coming up. I’m sure it will all work out great. But at least I’ve got a rock-solid marriage.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

The Sopranos is the best show on TV by far. I can't wait to see how the ending turns out.

maumann likes this.
  10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Wow.

I was a few months away from my first marriage.

And a few more months away from my first divorce.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Must be December.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

Marriage is for suckers.

Bachelor fo' life over here.

dixiehack likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted