1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tony Kornheiser

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Flood, Jun 7, 2007.

1. leo1

leo1 Active Member

here's another vote for his radio show. i used to listen on itunes when i was commuting and it was decent stuff. nothing earth shattering but a good listen.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's pretty foolish to judge someone on their ESPN persona... Woody Paige is one of the best around and I'm thrilled he's writing columns again...

I won't criticize TK. I just miss reading his columns... I have three of his compilation books (Back for More Cash, Bald as I Wanna Be and Pumping Irony...) All are great, but Pumping Irony is by far the best of the group...

3. chester

chester Member

He's in a catagory all his own.

4. sswwwn

sswwwn New Member

The legend catagory. The smartest and funniest on air talent at the WWL.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Thanks for stopping in, Skip!

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I want what sswwwn's smoking.

7. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Or shooting up.

8. danhawks

danhawks Member

Gotta give my thumbs up to Mr. Tony (and as anyone who has enjoyed his radio show, especially his WaPo show knows, that reference is as tongue in cheek as it gets). As a guy in his early-30s, who loves writing about sports, but has a wide variety of interests, the show is great. It's a little pop culture, a little politics a little sports. He even has given me plenty of 60s and 70s music and movies to think about listening to and watching. He's probably a couple of years younger than my dad, and from Long Island instead of Ohio, but I like to think the stuff he talks about on his show is what we would talk about if we had a little better relationship...as someone who never really read his columns (I would have only read them during the last decade online anyway) I obviously don't miss seeing his words in the paper every other day, but I will miss his radio show when he drops it later this month.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Who's filling in for him?

10. danhawks

danhawks Member

They announced who was filling in the other day, but I can't recall who it is. It's not a name I know...I'm sure the format will be quite different...but he says he's going to call in from the MNF bus every week or so...

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

David Burd, who does the morning show there, will get his show extended again, sort of. He'll basically do the morning show as usual, and stretch it into Kornheiser's with the last two hours repeated as it is now apparently. And Post Radio may still want to call it the Tony Kornheiser show, but it's still pretty up in the air. As for Tony calling in on a regular basis, don't plan on it.

You can keep up with the current drama (of sorts I guess) and review the rumors of the last few days at www.dcrtv.com which is to broadcasting in the DC/Baltimore area what this place is for sports writers.

12. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Im not that familiar with his columns, but I love him on PTI.

I hope I get half his work ethic when I finish college.

Draft saved Draft deleted