1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Chef NYC

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Nov 12, 2008.

1. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

I agree with everybody, it was a good first episode. Stefan is definitely the favorite right now, he seems to have the skills and the attitude you need to pass that kind of test.

Yes, that was Rocco at the judge's table, so that should boost ratings for at least one week.

I don't really have any favorites yet, I guess I want to see more of their "characters." The first episode is always the one where everyone tries to be polite.

Oh, and I heart Padma.

2. Interesting first episode. I like the duo of Euro snobs, makes for good TV.

Was disappointed to see the military wife get the boot so quickly. I think I'm rooting for the little tattooed guy, Eugene is it?

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Considering how many there were last season, it's a relief.

4. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Tines up, except when i feel self conscious in a nice place, and then i go tines down. Yes, I'm a dork. Sue me.

Yes, I watched. Top Chef is consistently the best of this genre. Great quote from the chick who got booted, something like "I came this far and then got done in by Apples?"

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I don't know about any of you, but I'm crazed to know what Padma spit into the napkin.

6. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

From the previews/reactions, it's gotta be from the girl who barely survived last week, I'm thinking.

But yeah, I really want to know, too!

7. I've been thinking about Padma a lot lately, too.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

While you're busy goosing Mikey? Yikes.

I'm excited about tonight. That's a reaction I've never seen on one of these shows.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I think someone has told Padma to be nicer, she seems much cheerier this season.

Here's what I want to know: All these challenges, do they happen daily? Every couple of days? How much time do they have in between these ordeals?

Hot dogs. Love it. I am crazy for this Fabio guy.

10. I agree, 21. Hard not to like Fabio.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I don't like long hair, facial hair or guitars...and yet I'm 99 percent sure I would murder a family member and/or close personal friend for a night with Dave Grohl.

I'm so excited for next week!

12. Me too. On both parts.

Draft saved Draft deleted