1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Train derailment and chemical spill in Ohio

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Feb 14, 2023.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Just so.

Truth is, if robot Joe wants the votes, he can declare an emergency and get those folks Medicare for life.

East Palestine residents could get Medicare for life after Ohio disaster

While there is provision in the law for Medicare being extended to those suffering health consequences of hazardous materials exposure, for East Palestine locals to be eligible, it appears the U.S. President, Joe Biden, would have to declare a public health emergency in the area, and the Secretary of Health to determine that any health conditions were caused by the spill.

Mayor McCheese needs to use a little more sugar on Old Boldface Joe™

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The mayor’s life is every bit as ruined as those of his constituents. I’m willing to allow a little extra margin for grace here.

Azrael likes this.
  3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The politicization of disasters is so ridiculous; when we had the '89 earthquake, I really didn't care whether Bush 41 came or not, what is more meaningful is what financial support did the federal government provide in the time of need? If I'm in Ohio that's what I'm focusing on, not whether the President comes or not.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"I went off the rails years ago," Trump in Ohio.

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

“Did someone say rails?” — Donald Trump Jr.

Dyno, wicked, Driftwood and 4 others like this.
  6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

So a pile of toxic waste (Trump) is going to visit a pile of toxic waste (a trainwreck). Perfect.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

He gets my minimum in the circumstance. I'd be inclined to additional grace if he weren't taking his legitimate anger to the illegitimate FoxNews universe.

He should be that mad at Norfolk-Southern.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

And his own governor.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

“Trump rails about rails” —- New York Times headline.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

a victim because brandon will not give medical care and clean air and water molan labe

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted