1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Train derailment and chemical spill in Ohio

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Feb 14, 2023.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

If you ever look at a GIS map, you'll see land owned by railroads, both current lines and the estates of former railroads like Penn Central, on parcels that were once railroad lines, but that were abandoned eons ago. They probably have no clue what they actually own.

goalmouth likes this.
  6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Then maybe the Republicans who run Ohio and all the flyover states with tons of dying towns like East Palestine should pay some fucking attention and actually do something for them.

matt_garth and wicked like this.
  7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Let's NEVER FORGET, there are consequences for what you do.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Yes. There's an old Reading line paralleling Route 61 in Pa. that was disused by Conrail for decades to the point where residential pools, decks and backyards encroached on the right of way. A few years ago the railroad suddenly announced they intended to use it for car storage and you property owners can get the hell off by next week.

To the point about maps: Google Maps shows the names of the original hamlets that joined to make my current town 160 years ago. I can only guess at the foundational documents that Google used.

9. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I have been watching a little Fox lately and there has been not only a noticeable shift with regard to Trump but a pivot to some fact-based reporting.

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Yeah, but only for him. If they do a hit segment on DeSantis, let me know.

dixiehack, wicked and Neutral Corner like this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Get the guvvmint offa my back!! FREEDUM!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
  12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Derailment update: There were two incidents today. A train of woodchips on the ground in Corvallis, and an empty container train in North Dakota.

Draft saved Draft deleted