1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Train derailment and chemical spill in Ohio

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Feb 14, 2023.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Ah the rhetorical / political comforts of the 'outside agitator.'

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

There's been no independent confirmation by news orgs of physical threats to Norfolk Southern. If you want to see what they are really avoiding, look up video of Ed Burkhardt's visit to Lac Megantic following that catastrophe.

Woody Long likes this.
  3. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Regarding the lack of coverage, I have a small handful of friends who might cover that story but were a little bit spooked when the dude who was trying to cover it got cuffed and stuffed.

With the mushroom cloud only about 50-55 miles away as the crow flies, we're definitely keeping our eye in it while being glad the winds tend to blow (and the waters flow) in the other direction.

Also, Mike DeWine sucks.

maumann likes this.
  4. goalmouth

Then your friends should find another line of work. That's how fascists want you to feel.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

these fucking guys

6. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Let me know when your byline shows up from there, tough guy. Otherwise, fuck off. The shit they're paid? I wouldn't go, either.

7. goalmouth

If you need ersatz storm troopers held back in order to commit journalism, don't do it.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I’d be more worried about getting cancer down the line from my reporting that story.

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

This derailment is Biden's fault. Wait for it, because it's coming.

Azrael likes this.
  11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

12. goalmouth

The fact that trains even stay on the tracks at all has always struck me as an audaciously optimistic proposition.

The portion of a typical wheel in contact with the track on a 200-ton, 6,000-horsepower locomotive is about the size of a quarter. For a six-axle diesel that's all of $1.50 worth of peace of mind.

Draft saved Draft deleted