1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, Obama exercised all sorts of executive authority, and the left cheered -- right through directives on how states need to run their bathroom policies.

The President has a kill list, and authorized armed drone attacks across the globe without consulting Congress.

But... now we're supposed to be concerned about an authoritarian President?

A: we already have one.

2: did it not occur to folks that the next President would have the same authorities?

RickStain and old_tony like this.
  2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's dangerous that he's courting independent voters?

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

The Left is decidedly stupid.

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

The scary thing about this election:

There is only one candidate is who is actually bad enough and dishonest enough and unlikeable enough to actually lose to Donald Trump and that candidates name is Hillary Clinton.

I don't think she will, but the fact that this is going to be close and Trump could actually pull it off or at least make her sweat, is embarrassing for her and for the Democratic party that they couldn't come up with a better candidate than that piece of shit.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Things that Old Tony would say?

6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I agree with this but it is equally embarrassing that the Republican party couldn't come up with a candidate that could wash the floor with an opponent as old and unlikeable as HRC. So here we are

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The drone attacks started under Bush, which makes your No. 2 true.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Things anyone with an IQ over room temperature would say. ;)

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Can we get a little sympathy for Mullah Akhtar Mansour's poor driver?

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

TRASHING SUSANA

Trump is the master of the put down and Governor Susana Martinez came in for special treatment Tuesday night. She would not endorse him or attend his rally and she paid the price when Trump stunned the crowd (or at least the media) with this:

Since 2000 the number of people on food stamps in New Mexico has tripled. We have to get your governor to get going. She has to do a better job. Your governor has to do a better job. She's not doing the job. Hey! Maybe I'll run for governor of New Mexico. I'll get this place going. She's not doing the job. We got to get her moving, Come on, let's go governor.

By throwing Martinez under the bus Trump was not only extracting his revenge for her shunning him but also putting Republican elected officials across the nation on notice that if they mimic her behavior they will be getting some of the same medicine.

It was yet another political low point for Gov. Martinez. She was coming off a big weekend loss at the state GOP convention where her favored candidate for GOP national committeeman--Pat Rogers--was trounced by her ardent critic Harvey Yates. Combine that with her falling poll numbers and all that blood in the water proved irresistible to Trump who cuts jugular veins with glee.

And where was the Governor's vaunted political team? Once again, the defensive game eluded them. Political pros said they should at least have had Martinez out of the state when Trump spoke. To have her here and not showing up had to serve only to further inflame him.

Martinez's reaction to Trump throwing her under the bus:

"The potshots weren't about policy, they were about politics," said spokesman Michael Lonergan. "And the Governor will not be bullied into supporting a candidate until she is convinced that candidate will fight for New Mexicans, and she did not hear that today."

Well, Trump could care less.

New Mexico Politics with Joe Monahan

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm glad we killed him.

I am concerned that Iran was providing safe harbor to him and his family, and that he had a Pakistani passport, but I assume Ben Rhodes will be along shortly to tell us why this is a good thing.

But, don't tell me how worried you are about Trump's trigger finger, when we've been taking out unknown people in signature strikes for years now.

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

The current one is the eighth. I can't for the life of me understand what they could have missed in the first seven.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.