1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I saw MA for Super Tuesday and I'll give that some weight but since Clinton will carry MA by 15-20 points in November, I tend to treat it like SC, where Republicans will win the general.

NC, PA, WI, VA feel like the only primary states where you can get a true sense of a Republican candidate's strength for the general. OH, FL have favorite sons and CO, MO - while swing states, tend to go for hard line conservatives in primaries.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Something like 45 percent of Mass. voters are registered independents and can vote in either primary. Many are older Catholics who are really Republicans but who shun the party label for cultural reasons (JFK!). They should be a big group for Trump, as the non-Republican Republican as it were.

exmediahack likes this.
  3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info - sincerely. It's rare on a message board where one can actually learn a tidbit to watch for. :)

4. Michael_ Gee

One thing that makes Trump harder to beat is that he has no home turf to defend. He represents the state of television. Cruz can't afford to lose Texas. Same for Rubio and Florida. Trump can merrily campaign in both those states, forcing his foes on defense instead of widening their campaigns.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I think enough Republican-registered voters are going to vote against Trump to give Rubio the nomination, and there will be no brokered convention, unfortunately.

6. Michael_ Gee

Could very well be, but the longer Rubio goes without a first place finish somewhere, the harder it is to see that theory working.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Seriously, is there a state Rubio can win? I don't see any way that Trump isn't the GOP candidate at this point.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The idea of any Catholics whatsoever supporting Trump, the son of a Ku Klux Klan troop leader, is insanity. Hey dumbfucks, who do you think was burning the crosses on your parents' lawns 50 or 60 years ago?

9. Michael_ Gee

Did you see Spotlight, Star? The Trump Catholics are in that movie, the people who find the church's top-down authority structure as comforting as the words of Jesus.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

To continue the Catholicism digression, he's the Notre Dame of the field.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

And Notre Dame is still followed coast to coast and gets its own TV deal.

12. Michael_ Gee

Maybe more like the Jim Harbaugh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.