1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Bernie's like Japan. Neither knows when to quit.

Too bad Hillary doesn't have the guts to drop a bomb on his ass to get him out of the race.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hillary vs Bernie is the same thing as the 16-member Clown Car vs The Pig. They won't really drop the bomb, because they hope to scoop up some or most of their supporters.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Read "Downfall" by Richard Frank and get back to me when you've completed your homework. It is based solely on contemporary sources, not revisionist history.

4. YankeeFan

#NeverTrump got so much attention, but #NeverHillary is much stronger. It's unifying the Republican Party and splitting the Dems:

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

And BTE's beloved Mother Russia would have eaten it first.

6. Vombatus

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Maybe, but that's not what I was saying. Had the U.S. developed the bomb earlier, Germany would have been the target. I'm sure Japan would have been next in line, but Germany would have been first.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yeah, probably. But they DID surrender without being nuked. Thank you very much, Red Army.

But had we dropped it, we would have used the same nonsensical BS that it "had" to be done, that the Nazis "would never surrender," that we were, in effect, just "saving lives" by doing so.

And while I believe nuking civilians is 100 percent wrong 100 percent of the time, at least the Soviets would have had the "we lost 26 million people, motherfuckers" card to play. We didn't even have that.

9. Vombatus

I see your not having 26 million, and raise you by them having Adolf, Himmler, Goering, the SS, and the Holocaust.

10. YankeeFan

Gary Johnson falls short on the first ballot at the Libertarian convention.

Unlikely Weld gets the VP spot even if Johnson does get the nomination.

#NeverJohnson

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

We were pretty sweet and helpful to Adolf & Co. in the beginning . . . until they, you know, went too far.

Ace and Vombatus like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's an excellent article. Some of it I knew but there is a lot in the new documentation that is very different from what I thought I knew. There were between 250,000 and 400,000 various Asian civilians per month who were dying under Japanese occupation, and that goes a long way toward offsetting the casualties at Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Vombatus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.