1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

You forgot "had too much ice tea and had to make a lot of bathroom trips" to federal agents asking whether he was present in White House meeting discussing fund raising at Buddhist Temple

or this one on the day that The House voted to impeach Clinton:
    "What happened as a result does a great disservice to a man I believe will be regarded in the history books as one of our greatest presidents,"

or this beauty speaking to tobacco farmers:

"Throughout most of my life, I raised tobacco. I want you to know that with my own hands, all of my life, I put it in the plant beds and transferred it. I've hoed it. I've chopped it. I've shredded it, spiked it, put it in the barn and stripped it and sold it." -- Al Gore, 1988

Gore and Romney were both unelectable clowns

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Well, not having an honest opponent hurts what should be an easy narrative. And let's not pretend that the average hard-core supporter of any candidate gives a shit about honesty.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Have you asked any of them?

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I'm waiting to see if the mechanics find any surprises first.

5. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

They now call it "pivoting"

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

As private citizen Trump, he wasn't obligated to. But he's running for president now. It's all fair game. Nothing we in the business don't understand. But Donald doesn't. Of course those on the beat are going to dig into it. Part of the job. If all is good, it's reported, just like the bad.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Why do you choose to live in an area with people you hate, and believe are beneath you?

Move to San Francisco, New York, Seattle, Portland, Austin.

Too expensive? How about Detroit, Gary, Bsltimore, St. Louis?

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

He was precocious even with his ... ahem ... conditions!

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It's just as much my home as it is theirs. I don't expect my views to be in the majority any more than you expect yours to be living in Chicago.

10. Mr. Sunshine

In dixie's defense, I'm not sure an area exists in which most of the people wouldn't be beneath him.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

C'mon ... we all know Ralph Nader and us Greenies cost Gore the 2000 election.

Just ask half the posters on this thread ... :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.