1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He would have been my choice.

Would have been fine with Bush or Cruz too, but I don't think either could have won.

2. YankeeFan

Trump was our "Celebrity Spokesman" and host for a fashion show in the middle of Times Square, as part of NYC's Millennium celebrations. Giuliani was promoting NYC as the "Capital of the World" -- which is what Pope JPII had called it -- and this event was to showcase NYC as the Fashion Capital of the World.

So, we spent time backstage in hair and makeup, and did interviews with Entertainment Tonight and Extra and others.

After introducing me to a bunch of models, he says to me, "YF, I spend half my time doing this, and half my time doing deals."

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I am considering writing my real name in, or call sign WOMBAT, and discreetly take a cell photo of my ballot (even though we are not supposed to).

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

OK.

So why has Mr. Nice Guy decided to take on, as his political persona, a middle school level asshole who calls people names and fights dirty?

5. YankeeFan

Because it worked?

6. Dick Whitman

Why did he join the birther movement?

7. YankeeFan

To take Obama down a notch, while building himself up.

He probably thought it might be true, and that Obama wouldn't prove him wrong.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Because he's trying to become a politician, and that's how they act?

9. YankeeFan

Why did Harry Reid claim to have inside info showing that Romney had paid no income tax for several years?

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Because, like all birthers, he is a fucking moron who lacks common sense and believes everything Alex Jones tells him.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Those were odd times in my life - most of which I can barely remember thanks to a friend's trust fund taking care of all our bar tabs.

12. Dick Whitman

My opinion? I think he gets into these conspiracy theories. In a kind of loveable way. I think he's a little gullible. I don't think he's great at distinguishing between real news and wingnut conspiracy mongering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.