1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

He's going to Scotland and Ireland for more than a week, starting next week, for development meetings at his golf resorts. Because, he needs to concentrate on business. Fundraising for down ticket GOP candidates be damned.

Of course, the rioting there will no doubt have OT gripping his whities even more tightly.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Won't be too many American Liberals there. Hence, no rioting.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

The only rioting will be if he cheats at golf there ... as this thread discussed about 1,100 pages ago ...

HanSenSE and TigerVols like this.
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

heyabbott likes this.
  5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

So "fact checkers" have "fact checked" every single word Trump has said. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I doubt it.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

7. Starman

The 9% of things THE PIG says which check out as true mainly consist of statements like "today is Thursday" and "my daughter has awesome tits." After that, we're off to Bullshit Mountain.

HanSenSE and heyabbott like this.
  8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

You must not remember the Bush years very well. It's easy to be relatively sane when you hold the White House.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

But, Trump University...

10. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Tea Party types don't strike me as being particularly level headed.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

There's seems to be some correspondence, to me, with the Dems in 1968. HHH was no Trump, mind you, but there are some parallels. The Dems seemed in pretty bad shape w.r.t. the White House until RMN did them a solid by being his fundamentally paranoid and crooked self. Perhaps the GOPers are hoping Herself will return the favor.

12. Starman

WTF!?! The only similarity or "parallel" between HHH and Trump is that they both appear to be bipedal mammals.

The Dem race in 68 was thrown into utter chaos of course by the dropout of LBJ and then the assassination of RFK.

Humphrey's campaign didn't even exist until April and couldn't decide what tack it wanted to take on Vietnam until about August.

The Dems' dithering allowed Nixon to get off the ground with his "secret plan for peace" bullshit.

Hell, if they had known in March Nixon was going to run with THAT bullshit, Johnson would probably have stayed in the game.

Humphrey was too much of the jovial happy warrior and never really opened fire on Nixon, instead he wavered between partial defenses of Johnson and tentative nods toward the Gene McCarthy/RFK peaceniks.

The cutthroat wheeler dealer LBJ would have had no such compunctions in calling out Nixon's bullshit. LBJ just didn't have the stomach to see if he could fight his way past RFK.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.