1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Some of my Pro-Sanders Facebook friends insisting this isn't over and he fight on to Philly remind me of one of my favorite exchanges from A Few Good Men.

Danny: Since we seem to be out of options, I thought I'd drink a little.

Joanne: I still think we can win.

Danny: Maybe you should drink a little.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    RickStain likes this.
  2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Run along Einstein ... I don't think your medicine's kicked in yet.

3. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

DD, I strenuously object! Few Good Men!

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Dear. God. No idea how I fucked that up.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I have no doubt and even firmly believe that the Clinton Foundation is a great repository of slush funds and payoffs. A real audit will probably show that the Clinton's have received handsome payouts, either money but more likely inkind benefits like every bill they have. Everything that they purchase is probably paid for by the Clinton Foundation.

But the immoral equivalency between CLinton and Trump is laughable. Trump as President is the beginning of th end of the Republic, and I do not intend that to be hyperbole. Trump will sell this country to enrich himself in the most gross manner possible. Trump Towers in Moscow and St Petersberg in exchange for removing US Troops from NATO.

Hillary is an old school politician. Not adverse to getting rich in office, like Mitch McConnell has, and helping her political friends, like GW Bush had. She has Squishy ethics and no humility. She'll push boundaries but she's essentially in it for policy and politics.

Trump is an egregious clown of a thief. Trump is solely in it for personal benefit both monetary and personal aggrandizement. He is mentally and emotionally unstable and will ruin this country. In his heart he wants to be a Putin with kickbacks from oligarchs.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The nearest thing to a parallel to Trump in the 1968 race would have been Pat Paulsen, only if Paulsen had a personality implant with Don Rickles and Lenny Bruce.

The closest thing to a 2016 analogue of Humphrey would have been Biden, if Hillary had a stroke or got indicted in about March -- the jovial inoffensive VP nobody ever really considered serious POTUS timber until the heavy favorite establishment candidate dropped out.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Somebody just got a bonus at Hillary's campaign office given how this has gone viral.

cranberry likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

Inauthentic Hillary is the worst Hillary:

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But this is what Trump does. He gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar, like with the veterans donations, and he and his peeps turn it into "What has Hillary done for veterans?" Or he makes one of his Reaganesque faux pas like claiming there is no drought in California? One of his loyal lap dogs will explain what he really meant, sweeping his lack of grasp of an issue under the rug. Trump University a scam? Well, what about the Clinton Foundation?

Such arguments never go far. If Ttump hasn't learned that yet, he may be in for a hard lesson.

12. YankeeFan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.