1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Gotta admire his devotion to "the cause," right?

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Newly released State Department emails help reveal how a major Clinton Foundation donor was placed on a sensitive government intelligence advisory board even though he had no obvious experience in the field, a decision that appeared to baffle the department’s professional staff.

The emails further reveal how, after inquiries from ABC News, the Clinton staff sought to “protect the name” of the Secretary, “stall” the ABC News reporter and ultimately accept the resignation of the donor just two days later.

4. doctorquant

He's like that guy Joe Johnston encountered post-Civil War who proclaimed that the South had been "beaten but not subdued." Johnston asked him what command he'd been under and the guy admitted he hadn't been in service at all. "Well, sir, I was," Johnston said. "You may not be subdued, but I am."

5. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

This just might be the nail in her political coffin. Yep, I bet this one will be the end.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Neither is Trump.

[​IMG]

swingline and HC like this.
  7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

You know that the FBI thing isn't going anywhere when they recycle a 2012 scandal that they tried to smear Obama with.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Haven't you heard? Every district won by a Republican was "gerrymandered."

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Fire up the Supression Seeker!!!

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Three Obama approval rating polls came out today: +9, neutral, and -6.

11. doctorquant

I have an in-law who fancies himself a politics expert. Recently he was bemoaning all of this gerrymandering leading to all these Republican governors and U.S. senators. I didn't have the heart to ask him how that was possible.

YankeeFan, RickStain and old_tony like this.
  12. Doom and gloom

Doom and gloom Active Member

Two things:
    1. Voter idenfication. What is wrong with showing a photo ID with a voter registration card, or putting a photo on a voter registration card we're already supposed to have? Why is that racist rather than a focused attempt to prohibit what would seem to be a very easy voter fraud?
    2. Obama's Fallon appearance. I remember Reagan, Clinton, Bush, all doing the late night circuit as sitting presidents. Never did I recall it being anything other than light comedy and at least an attempt to keep it from being overpoliticized. That last night, even to the most biased liberal, had to look like a political advertisement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.