1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

It's because this is a sports thread about Trump cheating at golf, not politics. Duh.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

When it was truly about policy for GOP, it was No Child Left Behind and an ill-fated push for privatizing social security.

GOP voters don't want policy. They want a feeling. Since 08, the feeling has revolved around wanting to see the federal government torn to bits.

These primaries belong to the right wing media. They have created a class of angry voters, who are voting with that rage - for Trump, who is their Howard Beale, if you will.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Trump the projected winner in Nevada.

6. SnarkShark

He's the projected winner everywhere.

7. SnarkShark

Guy won the Latino vote against two fellas named Cruz and Rubio, and after calling a large portion of Latinos "criminals" and "racists."

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I think we just might hear him talk about that in the coming days. Till we're sick of it.

He got about 40% of the Republican Latino vote. I suspect that things will be a little different in the general.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

10. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm amazed hearing various journos talk about a brokered convention. I don't see it happening. From here on in, it is winner take all for the GOP - something they wanted to ensure that the primary wasn't too drawn out.
    Tin foil aside - I actually think Trump is preferable to the other two simply because he can do whatever he wants once he's in there. He doesn't owe the establishment anything, he doesn't owe the Kochs or other PACs anything and really doesn't have a special interest he has to cater to.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I agree. From an economic policy standpoint, Rubio is the biggest knucklehead among them because he is for everything any rich patron has ever told him he needs to get on board with.

He wants no taxes at all on investment income, tax cuts twice the size of the Bush tax cuts, he wants a balanced budget amendment, he wants to repeal Dodd-Frank and he wants to cut social security and medicare.

At a time when wealth disparity has never been greater, his tax plan would reduce federal income by more than $400 billion with the overwhelming benefit going to the extremely wealthy.

Marco Rubio's Economic Plan Doesn't Add Up, Experts Say

We can get into his scary plans on abortion (wants to outlaw it even in instances of rape or incest), gay marriage (wants to reverse court decisions and outlaw it) and foreign policy (wants more intervention in Syria and Libya) at another time.

Bottom line: He is the worst of the GOP candidates remaining. A waterboy for wealthy interests with no original thoughts.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
    Double Down, Riptide and Ace like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.