1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Not all of his activities have been kept from public view:

[​IMG]

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    HanSenSE likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I saw that earlier. I might vote for Trump just to get the son of a bitch off my soil.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I think that he ran for president because it appealed to his ego. Flying around and making speeches to adoring crowds, the press hanging off his every word, etc. Now it has gotten both real and tiresome. People don't fawn as much. They bother him with troublesome facts. He probably would like to find an exit. It can't be graceful at this point, but grace isn't his priority anyhow.

As to what he said today, I think that he just says what pops into his head at the time. I don't think it was a deliberate double down, I think he just popped off because he thought it was funny.

The thing that would pain him most as president would be having things he said off the cuff being taken seriously, as policy and stuff.

Lugnuts likes this.
  6. YankeeFan

Trump wants to be President folks.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, but he does not want to do the actual work part of getting there or holding the job.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That is both Trump's greatest asset and his greatest weakness. He has no filter, which makes people like him. How many times have people decried politicians' standard talking-point speeches and cliches, and just wished they'd say what everyone is thinking? Trump does that.
    Unfortunately, he hasn't yet learned to pick his spots on when he does it, or realized that the guy who is essentially the face of the franchise needs to be a little more tactful from time to time.

9. YankeeFan

Who's campaigning harder, Trump or Hillary?

Who does more events, takes more questions, etc.?

10. YankeeFan

America citizen murdered in the West Bank by a Palestinian, who is called a martyr by his mother:

11. YankeeFan

And then there's this:

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If he took back everything he ever said and was televised handing over his life savings (in cash) to split between La Raza, CAIR and the NAACP, he'd still lose among minority voters by a 90-10 margin. Despicable as it is, his best shot comes from going all in on the bigotry, both casual and explicit, and hoping enough whites respond favorably.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.