1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, but you wrote something stupid when you insisted it was wrong to call her an American citizen.

Now please, just stop. You're making me take LTL's side in an argument and that feels incredibly wrong.

Vombatus likes this.
  2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I actually predicted this on a different website months ago.

Now the running joke is that if Trump wins, they will make me a moderator on that site.

Can you imagine good old VB as a moderator?

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yep. Johnson was stupid. No argument from me.

Most of the Waters quotes aren't really funny at all. She has some valid points.

4. Baron Scicluna

Except she wasn't an American citizen, like you and me. She was an Israel-American, with dual citizenship.

To use an example that you would understand, if Andrew McCutchen were to play half his games at center field, and the other half in right field, it's not correct to call him a center fielder.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I guess the stupid spread beyond midnight.

JC, old_tony, Stoney and 3 others like this.
  6. outofplace

You just tried to make one of the dumbest arguments in SJ.com history and failed miserably and you are actually going to try to talk down to another poster? That would be almost enough to admire your chutzpah if it wasn't fueled by ignorance.

Everybody who read it understood your argument. We also understood how stupid it is, a concept that still eludes you.

7. Baron Scicluna

Am I wrong? Would you term McCutchen a center fielder if he played half his games in right?

8. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Stupid doesn't sleep, work, or has to be a productive marriage partner. But stupid never rests.

9. Baron Scicluna

Don't you have some nephews to support?

10. Baron Scicluna

If it's such a dumb argument, then why has the majority of news organizations called her either an Israeli, or an Israeli-American?

11. outofplace

I'm sorry, but I am now concerned that this discussion is so stupid that it may cause me to lose brain cells and I really can't afford to lose what little I have left. So Baron, I will leave you to wallow in your ignorance on this one.

dixiehack likes this.
  12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Clinton:

"This election is a choice between two very different visions of America. Pause to make eye contact to seem relatable. One that's angry, afraid, and based on the idea that America is fundamentally weak and pause again and lower your voice an octave to convey seriousness in decline. The other is hopeful, generous, and confident in the knowledge that America is great now — just like we always have been. Now smile, but not too much because focus groups say that makes sad white men feel emasculated. Thank you, Philadelphia and good night!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.