1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There is no such thing as a Democrat who would not be personally polarizing to Republicans. Were you asleep for the Clinton and Obama years? It is true, I think, that the visceral fear/dislike many white men have of Hillary is a stronger electoral influence than Obama's race was -- at least in 2008.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You know, we're trying.

I get PMs telling me it is absurd we can't talk politics because, you know, we're journalists and should be able to discuss the news.
    I get PMs complaining about posts on here, along with the occasional reported to the moderators post.
    Some D-Bag comes on and posts (not on this thread) is this board even moderated anymore? Then we get complaints that we moderate TOO much.

We TRY to give a little leeway. We've let some poorly disguised political threads go on for a while until they inevitably get out of hand.

Is this one headed that way. YOU decide. If this one reaches that point, we'll lock it and then stop all others before they get rolling and you can MF me (or as one poster did, leave in a huff) all you want.

The decision is yours, not ours. Some of you need to grow the F up, some of you need to learn how to disagree without being an asshole.

Go to the journalism board and read the thread about the longform piece on SB Nation being pulled. A good example of what this board can be. Political threads almost always end up being a good example of this board being a shitshow.

You don't have to play nice. You do have to play like a semi-adult.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Who could have known so many Democrats would follow Trump over and claim to be Republicans?

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

As a long time board member who has always avoided the politics shitshows (while they last here), I want to say that I have found this thread VERY informative for me. Like it or not, I get about all my politics news from this thread, and I like it. Its been pretty well behaved (YF, Old Tony and Baron - cut the shit out. You are rehashing the same shit over and over and over, and its going to get this thread locked).

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

YF is fine.

JC, Big Circus and LongTimeListener like this.
  6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What did I do?

7. poindexter

Rehashing the shit with baron over and over

Do i have the wrong person?

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I hear you - and I should be a fair guy and add most of you do it just fine. It isn't many who muck things up and I agree this one has been better than most (and I hope it will continue to be that way). We'll see. I truly would like to see it continue and I know I'll hear, well, just ban the bad guys. It isn't that easy for reasons most of you probably know.

Carry on and thanks all.

exmediahack and old_tony like this.
  9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Actually, the person doing a lot of the best sparring with Baron has been LTL, who's not giving Baron or others on the left a pass on their blatant hypocrisy.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That's exclusively a Baron problem at this point. As o_t noted, he and I went at it on the Scalia thread (but it was over a live issue so it wasn't really re-hashing), but there's tons of stuff from way back that Baron keeps wanting to get into it with everybody about. It's oop/salary-cap-ish. Hammond is a frequent target of his, but I don't remember YF being high on the list.

old_tony and YankeeFan like this.
  11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Haven't been in a back and forth with him.

12. poindexter

My bad. I will now back away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.