1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No problem.

I'm oppinionsted, but I try not to be too much of a jerk -- especially this week.

2. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You are Bizarro Baron.

You guys are two political fanboys whose parties can do no wrong.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I tend to ALWAYS stay out of the political stuff because, well, we're not supposed to do that here. But I simply have to ask a couple of things:

When does Biden to the Rescue happen and will he easily kick Trump's ass?

We're not seriously looking at President Trump, are we? I'm a Dem but not one who is salty over every Republican. I can easily live with Republican leadership but just can't get my arms around the thought of DONALD TRUMP as leader of the free world. People have assured me there's NO WAY that can happen but I'm starting to think there is a way.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I didn't think so, but a friend this morning who I respect about these things suggests that his blue-collar support is worrisome because he could conceivably flip states like Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, etc.

That's why I was wondering if Hillary is a really bad candidate for this election, where misogyny may trump (no pun intended) policy.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I think President Trump is a distinct possibility right now, and maybe even a likelihood.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Hillary is a bad candidate for ANY election.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Keyword: Semi, apparently.

My comment was a smart-ass joke and I presume Elliott took at as such, as did the rest of the board.

Signed,

TV the D-Bag.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Ultimately, I think that he'll get exposed in this kind of one-on-one battle. She's going to manhandle him in debates.

Ace likes this.
  10. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Clinton will win the nomination unless she gets indicted or withdraws. Superdelegates aren't going to ditch Clinton unless there is an indictment, and the only way Biden could win the nomination is if superdelegates keep her from gaining a majority during the roll-call vote.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He will be the nominee. And I could see his bluster beating Hillary. Bloomberg enters as an Independent and Trump wins.

Both parties have better candidates on the bench than we'll see in November.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I've never understood where this "Biden as a savior" stuff comes from.

He doesn't have *all* the baggage of HRC of course, but he has a hefty helping of his own (the plagiarism stuff, the past alcoholism). Plus he is closely tied to Obama.

Plus to reiterate for the zillionth time, HRC's "baggage" is a red herring. Anybody who cares in the least about it has hated HRC's guts for 20 years or more and would never ever ever ever vote for her under any circumstances.

Still and all that, HRC continues to place right up at the top of national "most admired woman" polls. A huge majority of the American public has been numbed by the constant monotonous 20-year RWSM drumbeat that Hillary is about to go down, and simply blows it off.

Unless the GOP comes up with the smoking gun of all smoking guns -- dead-bang proof HRC was in on committing felonies -- nothing is gonna happen. Nothing.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.