1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

When you say no southern republicans voted for the bill it would be honest to note that there was only one Republican in the Senate from Southern states and just 11 Republicans in the House from Southern states. The Dem numbers were 21 in the Senate and 91 in the House.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL. I thought voters knew everything about Hillary.

CNN talks to Carl Bernstein about Hillary. Turns out, she's pretty awful, and hasn't changed much over the years.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Good God ...

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

You really read that through your unwavering lens of Hillary Clinton Hatred.

It's a balanced account taking in the good and the bad. And the way a person is shaped by being in the public eye for 40 years.

Bernstein doesn't sugarcoat things. He points out Clinton's faults, which have been well documented. He also points out she has the ability to be a good, qualified president if she can limit her own unforced errors and self-inflicted wounds.

But with all things Clinton, you are incapable of seeing the whole picture.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Starman's work on Trump is the greatest performance art on this site.

If you don't see it as brutally exaggerated performance art, you don't have much of a sense of humor.

SFIND, Lugnuts, Double Down and 2 others like this.
  6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I doubt the Black Panthers and BLM are voting Republican.

old_tony likes this.
  7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Carl Bernstein has really big ears.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

You shut your filthy mouth!

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Some really good stuff in this, but I am particularly interested in this passage:

It makes me wonder if she doesn't want it known because it would hurt her with the Democratic base. I wonder if she understands passages in all four Gospels about denying Jesus before the rooster crows.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Believe it or not, there are are (gasp!) millions of religious democrats. People are free to speak about their faith or keep it personal. I didn't know this about Clinton. Of course, the restrained and obviously pious Mr. Trump used the fact she keeps her faith to herself as a zinger during his meeting with evangelicals last month. Sad!

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Data from Southern Poverty Law Center and 2015 Census estimates of the 50 states.

upload_2016-7-10_23-4-27.png

12. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This was exactly what I was going to say. Having religious beliefs, and living them, and also being a Democrat, are not mutually exclusive characteristics.

Lugnuts likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.