1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, "doing the job" entails about as many or as few hours as the POTUS or his handlers want it to entail.

Reagan wasn't exactly busting his ass with 18-hour workdays early in his first term, then he got shot and it was about a year before he started toddling down to the office more than 4 or 6 hours a day.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

President Trump would entertain the hell out of us with his weekly Twitter flame wars with Putin, ISIS and the rest of the world.

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

She was awesome in "The Client. "

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

With apologies to Vickie Guerrero, but excuse me?

First, I haven't done anything to get any thread locked other than present my arguments for discussion and then get called stupid for presenting them. I'm not the one at fault here.

Second , I don't see how responding to someone's challenge on a post and then answering them and expecting them to reciprocate is rehashing shit. It's called courtesy. I'm willing to discuss anything, but don't demand to start a discussion with me and then run away when I answer. Responding to someone's challenge and expecting them to reciprocate is a legitimate issue to bring up.

Third, as I've pointed out numerous times, I've offered arguments and facts that back up what I say. As I've also said numerous times, if I'm wrong on something, then prove it. Back up your arguments with facts, and be prepared to be challenged on that argument. Instead, it's someone saying 3+5=8, then I point out that it's really 3+6=9 and list several reasons why it is, then I'm the one being called stupid.

Fourth, I don't call posters names unless they start it first. If you look on the Scalia thread in the last couple of days, even though Tony and I have been going back and forth, I have not called him any names. (See, I just presented a fact!) Tony, on the other hand, did call me stupid, and I chose not to respond to that. And yet, I'm the one at fault?

So don't point me out as the problem here.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't know why so many people have an issue with Baron.

My eyes instantly glaze over posts like the one above. I can't hope to follow it.

But he gives me a 140-character post, and I'll read it.

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Your thoughts on Ragu's posts?

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I could see Trump picking a former member of Congress as his veep. Kasich would work since he hasn't been in DC since Bush took office in 2001.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

#atleastididntusebulletpoints

Better?

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Really long, but he's smart and or a good copy and paster.

Baron's fine, but just has to realize there is no point in trying to win an argument on this board. Or claim you won. And who cares?

It's just exhausting.

YankeeFan likes this.
  11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Gimme back my bullet points, Baron.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'd have to imagine enough people have exasperatedly put him on ignore that it won't be much of an issue going forward.

(By the way, the ignore function on this version of the board is far, far superior to the old one.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.