1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

Probably the same way you justify criticizing government assistance for the poor by stereotyping them all as welfare queens or you play God with the death penalty and rationalize neanderthal justice as keeping with biblical principles, my guess.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

This is an excellent post.

Political discourse in this country (and probably in many countries) is truly a mess. Now I'm sure many here will disagree, but it started to go into the toilet when the left stopped actually debating the issues and decided to go with the lazy strategy of just painting anyone who disagrees with them as "evil, racist, sexist, etc."

A militant guns down 12 police officers and we're told "he doesn't represent all of BLM." And that is 100% true. But if some redneck holds up an offensive sign at a Tea Party rally, the president, his brainwashed followers and all of the mainstream media work overtime telling anyone within earshot that every single person in the movement is that way. Leftists today are exactly what they said they hated years ago.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

You're free to go find and quote all of my "welfare queen" posts. There are so many of them that it shouldn't take you but a minute or two to at least post one. Right? I'll wait right here.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Ho. Lee. Shit.

dixiehack likes this.
  5. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

So true.

Now tell us more about what all libtards think.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Funniest/saddest thing is that tony doesn't realize HE is part of the problem.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  7. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Good thing the racism and name-calling will be taken care of. We have good examples to look up to.

Look forward to the misogynistic threads that constitute proper board behavior.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Blacks have been protesting against injustice and police brutality for decades before BLM.

Where was the Tea Party's concern before Obama became president?

HanSenSE and Smallpotatoes like this.
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL. He was also awfully pissy about how "partisan" the Senate had become, and about what a burden fund raising was.

But, he held onto $9+ million dollars in federal campaign funds.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

12. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

The plural "you" in reference to conservatives of your ilk, but I felt comfortable lumping you in considering your signature proudly states "Left-wing solutions only work for those who don't."

Whether it's being duped by the dreck that comes from conservative friends on Facebook, wholly dismissing causes like BLM while excusing/blindly defending corrupt cops, or everything in between you're always good for a predictably ill-informed, eye-rolling response to any given situation.

It's laughable that you bemoan the devolution of political discourse when you stamp each and every comment you make on this board with blanket statements about lying liberals. Doubly so when you consider your track record of seeking out right-wing news and taking it at face value. You filter everything through your preconceived notions of liberals as dishonest, disingenuous phonies.

Just consider the Telenovela Tony episode. I'd like to think that I would acknowledge such a colossal lapse in judgment on my part if my checkmate maneuver in an argument turned out to be a complete hoax, and hopefully I would recognize the risk of being duped by a partisan social-media post in the first place. You slinked away. Fine, I'm sure it was embarrassing. Yet it's hard to take you seriously when you come back guns blazing after the incident with nary an acknowledgment of your mistake and resume shilling for the far right.

You lack the self-awareness to know you're part of the problem when you speak wistfully of politically civil days of yore and conclude that it's those damned liberals' fault. It takes two to tango. Your lack of accountability and instinct to always blame and deride the other side isn't exclusive to conservatives, but it's symptomatic of narrow-mindedness.

Back to the original point, this manifests itself in your unnuanced assumption about the religious views of Democrats. It's one thing to find liberal social policy pollyannish and impractical, but quite another to conclude that the entirety of the left feigns support for the disenfranchised in some vast conspiracy to hold them back and maintain their vote. Especially when you'll never, ever, ever consider that some folks use the pull-yourself-up-by-the-bootstraps conservative rhetoric to rationalize greed.

Or abortion. I'm personally opposed to it and in a perfect world feel it wouldn't happen except in the case of rape or the life of the mother (well, I guess a perfect world would mean those things wouldn't occur either, but hopefully you get my drift). But I feel the only sensible solution is entrusting the decision to the couple or mother and hoping that prayer and education can keep it, as the old saying goes, safe, legal, and rare. I suspect you'd find this viewpoint reprehensible, and in a way I can respect that, but not when you don't acknowledge that your side needs to get it's act together on the death penalty if you want to stake a claim to the party of life.

Political discourse would be better if people weren't so politically rigid. Hypocrisy permeates both sides, but highlighting the opponents flaws while never acknowledging your own will always prevent improvement on that front.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.