1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

You're confusing "pointing and laughing" with "obsessed."

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

It's amusing to me that many of the people on my Facebook feed who bitch about the "librull media" don't see the issue with plagiarism.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Look, I'm just glad someone is hiring AND paying writers.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

If that's the case, what's the point in even discussing the election if everyone is already dug in on both sides?

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think most of them could. They just don't have time.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

We're so appalled by Trump's overt xenophobia and racism that we sometimes forget, his economic blueprint is a catastrophe waiting to happen, as well.

‘Too nice’ economist says Donald Trump would kill 3.5 million jobs

About 400 of 650 institutional investors surveyed by Morgan Stanley said Trump would materially change their markets in the first months of his presidency. They think he might hurt the dollar, tank stocks and hurt Treasury bonds at a time of an ongoing, global investment drought that will worsen thanks to Trump’s proposed tariff barriers against China and Mexico. That’s even as the Federal Reserve raises interest rates to preempt the inflationary effect of a tax cut adding $9.5 trillion to the national debt. Other banks are coming up with similar surveys.

And then there’s Zandi’s analysis, which was so far out of character that it was impossible to miss.

“The economy will be significantly weaker if Mr. Trump’s economic proposals are adopted,” Zandi and three colleagues write. “[If] all his stated policies become law, the economy suffers a lengthy recession and is smaller at the end of his four-year term than when he took office. By the end of his presidency, there are close to 3.5 million fewer jobs and the unemployment rate rises to as high as 7%, compared with below 5% today. During Mr. Trump’s presidency, the average American household’s after-inflation income will stagnate, and stock prices and real house values will decline.”

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln says “Thumbs up!”

The verdict is much the same at Oxford Economics, which has the recession beginning next year and costing the U.S. 3 million jobs. That’s worse than the 2.8 million lost in the 2001-2003 recession. Incomes would shrink and unemployment would hit 7.6% by 2019 — two years sooner than Zandi’s model forecasts 7.3% joblessness.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The idea that Trump actually writes his speeches, rather than just bloviating about the first thing that pops into his head, is pretty damn scary.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

In other news that's been overshadowed by Melania-gate and Queengazi, apparently Paul Ryan was handed a Steelers Terrible Towel yesterday and started waving it. In Cleveland. Yep.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Are we sure Trump is going to pay them?

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Question: Did yesterday's doings at the RNC do anything for Trump to win over the 15% in the middle? Anything other than "yes" is failure.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Y'all are going to piss me off soon. My son is named after a presidential speechwriter. (Who happens to be his great-grandfather, but still.)

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Aren't they shoring down the base right now?

"Make America Safe Again" seemed like a "Saturday Night Live" skit.

Who is running this show? Trump himself? Is there no quality control from the party?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.