1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Liberals only love their country when soccer is involved. They can root guilt-free knowing defeat is assured.

old_tony and RickStain like this.
  2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Trump talks NATO with NYT.

He even called into question whether, as president, he would automatically extend the security guarantees that give the 28 members of NATO the assurance that the full force of the United States military has their back.

For example, asked about Russia’s threatening activities that have unnerved the small Baltic States that are the most recent entrants into NATO, Mr. Trump said that if Russia attacked them, he would decide whether to come to their aid only after reviewing whether those nations “have fulfilled their obligations to us.”

He added, “If they fulfill their obligations to us, the answer is yes.”

Donald Trump Sets Conditions for Defending NATO Allies Against Attack

Manafort says NYT misquoted Trump. NYT reporters say Manafort wasn't in the room.

====

Bonus note: promises theme tomorrow night of "America First," which is totally not what famous anti-Semitic presidential candidate Charles Lindbergh meant when he used the campaign slogan "America First."

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Trump to Estonia: Drop dead

dixiehack and HanSenSE like this.
  4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh please. This convention is on par with Disco Demolition Night. A dysfunctional shitshow.

Baron Scicluna and HanSenSE like this.
  5. Mr. Sunshine

Yes, it's dysfunctional. But you didn't answer the question. Not saying you're wrong, but I'd like to hear why you think it was "a brutal night for American politics."

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fucking bullshit. We've been putting up with this horseshit for eight years, these fucking redneck teabag assholes threatening the life of the president publicly and with impunity.

Drag the fucker off in cuffs. Let him throw bail, start paying legal bills, fight it through the courts and then sit in prison a few years.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Ted Cruz be crazy, but I can't help but admire his balls. He's everything Rubio isn't. Rubio is such an enormous pussy. Rick Perry too. If you're going to rant and rage that Trump is a cancer who you can't trust with the nuclear codes, and then you endorse him, you're just a coward.

I feel the same about Bernie, in a way. I'd admire it if he just said "Fuck this, not endorsing her."

Lugnuts and Stoney like this.
  8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Clinton acolytes surely know this.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Because we're seeing, sadly, a political party now so lost and so confused about what a political party is supposed to do that it drowned out its own VP's speech with a person almost universally loathed in his own party, an obstinate troll of some repute, who dared the party's presidential nominee to cut him from the speaking list and, upon being allowed to stay, trolled the event.

The night was emblematic of the GOP's complete inability to run anything with the straight, uncompromised face. A party that can't conduct itself properly on a date with a girl, if you will, because it has to sneak the bathroom to wank off. This party used to be boring and buttoned up. I didn't mind it. I actually kind of liked that stiffness and squareness.

Lugnuts and HanSenSE like this.
  10. Mr. Sunshine

Eh, while the party is certainly suffering through an identity crisis, I think it's more of Trump's inexperience with the political stage that made some of the nonsense inevitable. I actually think the level of dysfunction isn't as bad as a lot of people expected. Only the thirstiest of Kool-Aid drinkers was expecting this convention to be a success.

Big Circus likes this.
  11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

He's not really in a position to carry out the threat and the way he said it, was that she was guilty of a capital crime and should be punished for it. There's some plausible deniability for him there. He went right up to the line but he didn't cross it.
    So I guess if Trump wins, there will be a bunch of show trials and executions. They'll finally get to convict Obama of Presidenting while black.

I'm pretty sure next week we won't see any Clinton advisers calling for Trump's executuion.

And despite what some people may think, Obama never had any of his enemies wrongly sent to prison.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Of course, that is why Cruz is so disliked. Plenty of name GOPers took the high road and just stayed away. Their absence was their message. But Cruz gleefully smarmed up the joint with his special brand of sabotage.

Lugnuts and Neutral Corner like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.