1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Some yes, but otherwise they've been kind of split up. Remember, compared to the wealth of these guys, campaigns are kind of cheap. Hedge funder Druckenmiller just said he'd get behind Kasich. That alone can keep him going until Ohio. One guy.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yep. I think the big money was absolutely shocked that Bush couldn't figure it out and, while they were waiting, Trump became unbeatable. Rubio's been begging Adelson for his support for months. The Koch brothers sent over one of their guys to help Rubio the other day. Those guys were clearly keeping their powder dry.

Top operative for Koch brothers will join Marco Rubio's campaign

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Don't let the truth get in the way of another false narrative.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That squiggly thing at the end of the sentence indicates I was asking a question, not making a declarative statement.

SnarkShark likes this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I was agreeing with you that the big spenders are sitting out. The false narrative is how they "own" all these politicians.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sure, they're just spending all those millions and not expecting anything in return.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You know who's got a tough job? The guy translating the debate on Telemundo. Actually, his voice (deep, fast talker) seems to fit Trump the best.

9. Inky_Wretch

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Rubio is getting up in Trump's grill something good.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Cruz Provides Detailed Response
    To Moderator’s Question About

Why His Face Is So Fucking Infuriating

By THE ONION

HOUSTON—Responding to moderator Wolf Blitzer’s question about why voters who look at him are overwhelmed with feelings of intense aggravation and disgust, presidential candidate Ted Cruz provided a comprehensive outline during Thursday night’s GOP debate laying out exactly why his face is so fucking infuriating.
    “Ever since I was a child, I have had a weaselly, piece-of-shit face that you can’t help but want to hit, and that’s never changed—how many other candidates on this stage can say that?” said Cruz, adding that oftentimes when he looks in the mirror, even he wants to drive a screwdriver through his eyes so he never has to see his stupid, boxy head and waggling, doughy chin ever again. “Let me be clear: When voters look at my shit-eating, smug-as-fuck smirk, they can’t help but want to wipe it off by grabbing me by my waxy hair and smashing my face repeatedly into a tabletop. I believe that’s something every American can agree on.” At press time, Cruz’s explanation was cut off by Donald Trump loudly claiming that none of the other candidates’ faces could even come close to how leathery and enraging his is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.