1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

People you disagree with are sometimes hypocritical, infantile response, grow the fuck up, yada, yada, ad infinitum, ad nauseum ...

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That doesn't seem strange or hypocritical to me. I am, of course, more fearful of Trump assuming more power than I am of Obama doing the same, because Trump is an unalloyed idiot. The power's a problem. But the bigger problem is the latter one.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I love this too.

Trump was very specific about crime being an inner city problem. Does anyone deny this? You want to tell the folks living in crime infested neighborhoods that Trump is wrong?

And the fact is that jobs and economic opportunities will never come to high crime neighborhoods.

There's a reason why these neighborhoods are food deserts. Crime, and the costs associated with doing business in such a neighborhood, is too high.

And so the cost of living in the poorest neighborhoods is high.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Violent crime is half of what it was at the end of Reagan's second term.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

YF, what are Trump's plans on combating poverty? It's a threshold issue in terms of improving education, crime, public health, employment and the economy, yet I don't recall hearing anything about his plans.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

He'll just pander and not really do anything substantive. If he can get the votes, then he'll do nothing at all. That approach has proven quite successful for the Dems for about a half-century.

old_tony likes this.
  7. YankeeFan

So what? It's still an issue in many places.

It is one of the main causes of unemployment among African-Americans. There aren't jobs where they live.

This was a big issue after Ferguson. But, jobs and investment are only going to come when crime is reduced. It's not going to happen the other way around.

8. YankeeFan

Jobs.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That's gobshite!

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

These people are the worst.

Wanted to use Bernie's religion against him in West Virginia and Kentucky. I guess they think their base is anti-Semitic.

And, who were they planning on getting to ask him this? They must have assumed a friend in the press would be willing to coordinate with them on this.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Thing is, you don't always get a wise, well-intentioned president. You do, however, get all of his predecessor's precedents. Which is why, a few months back, when Obama was using executive orders and just telling Congress to go screw itself, it was such a concern to anyone paying attention. Democrats and liberals (and, admittedly, hardly anyone else) never conceived of someone like Trump getting a whiff of the presidency and never considered the consequences. It was rah-rah-rah, go Obama.
    Now that there seems to be at least a 50-50 chance of Trump getting elected, the idea of a president doing whatever he wants is suddenly a lot more disconcerting. The power is a problem, but it should be a problem no matter who is wielding it.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The basic message I take away from Trump candidacy is:

Hate/discriminate against Muslims
    Hate/discriminate against Mexicans
    Hate/discriminate against blacks
    Hate/discriminate against women

Is this what we want in our president? Not me and that's simply wrong.

Lastly, as I've consistently said, don't give me criticisms, give me solutions, what solutions is he profferring?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.